Chapter Eight - Mother & Daughter

As Shay leads the group to the forest, they eventually stop in the middle of the forest. Immediately, Gungi and Byph along with Professor Huyang immediately become suspicious while Yang is simply annoyed. 

Yang: How much further, pal?

Shay: This should just about do it. You wait here. I'll go up ahead and make sure the coast is clear.

As Shay dismounts from Bumblebee, Yang becomes more annoyed. Sensing something wrong Gungi and Byph kept their Lightsabers ready. Suddenly, the group were surrounded by a group of bandits with Shay leading them. Yang was unfazed. 

Shay: I can't believe you were dumb enough to let me lead you here.

Yang looks around with an unimpressed look on her face. 

Yang: Is this everyone?

Shay: Yes, little lady. This is it. Well, unless you count the whole rest of the camp back that way.

Yang looks back as Gungi and Byph were ready to attack. Yang gestures them to stop. 

Yang: That way? 

Shay: Yes. That way.

Yang: Good to know. Thanks.

Shay: Now to pay me back for this tooth, we're going to take your bike. And you're going to take your lumps....

Before Shay could react, Yang took the fight to the bandits. Gungi and Byph watched with awe as Yang took out all the bandits by herself. 

Byph: Looks like she's still got it. 

Gungi: <She truly does have the strength of a Wookiee!>

It wasn't long before Yang took them all down. As Shay was knocked to the ground, Yang approached him nonchalantly. 

Shay: Who are you? It doesn't even matter. When Raven finds out what you did, you're dead!

Yang: Possibly. But I doubt it. I am her daughter, after all.

Upon hearing this, Shay was shocked. 

Shay: I'm dead.

With that, Shay and the defeated bandits were left with no choice but to take Yang along with Gungi, Byph and Huyang to the camp. As they entered the camp, Gungi and Byph along with Huyang were cautious. 

Huyang: We're in the lion's now. 

Soon enough, a masked Raven exits her tent with her lieutenant Vernal standing beside her. Yang immediately recognizes her. 

Yang: Mom. 

Raven: Yang. So, after all this time you finally decided to visit me.

Yang: You know that I searched for you. I spent years looking for you.

Raven: And you've found me. You were patient, determined, and strong enough to make your dream a reality. Well done, Yang. But did you have to be so rough with my men?

Yang: I didn't want a fight. They started it.

Raven: Well, you certainly finished it.

Raven glanced over to Shay and the bruised bandits with disappointment. She then glanced over to the Jedi and Huyang with interest. After a moment of silence, Raven turns her attention back to Yang. 

Raven: Right. I'm sure this is all very overwhelming. But I must admit that you've proven yourself. So any questions you have I'll be happy to answer. You and your...friends can stay with us tonight. I'll even have the cooks whip up something for you.

Yang: That's not why I am here.

Raven: What was that?

Yang: I'm not here for you. Ruby is somewhere in Mistral. She's with Qrow, and she's going to need my help. I just need you to take me to her.

Raven: And why would I do that?

Yang: Because we're family.

Raven: Family. Only coming around when they need something. I have to say, I'm disappointed. After all, you found me, didn't you? Why not take that drive and use it to find your little sister if she means that much to you?

As Yang tried to reason with Raven, Gungi and Byph could feel something strange in the camp. Out of the corner of his eye, Gungi noticed something hanging from Raven's belt. He points this out to Byph and they both soon recognized the object as Petro's Lightsaber. Gungi immediately used the Force to pull Petro's Lightsaber from Raven's belt. After that, Gungi and Byph ignited their Lightsabers. 

Raven: What do you think you two are doing?

Byph: Where did you get that Lightsaber?!

Raven: You're in no position to be making demands. The only reason you two and the bucket of bolts are still standing is because you're with my daughter. 

Gungi: <We will not ask again! Where did you get that Lightsaber?!>

Huyang: If anyone is in no position to be making demands, it's you. We know where your camp is. 

At this point, Raven and the entire bandit camp became hostile. Yang was the only reason they didn't outright attack them. 

Raven: Oh really? You're pretty bold for a bucket of bolts. 

Huyang: If you attack us, I'll transmit your camp's coordinates to every law enforcement agency in Anima. Even if you managed to destroy me, you'd still be unable to stop me from transmitting the coordinates. 

At this point, Raven found herself in a difficult position. Vernal and the other bandits were waiting for Raven's orders. Raven then turned her attention to Yang.

Raven: You're bluffing. 

Huyang: You and Miss Xiao Long alone can decide how this ends. 

At this moment, things became tense at the bandit camp. As Yang surveys the situation, she lashes out at Raven. 

Yang: Just send me to Qrow, damn it! 

Bandit: That's enough! You watch your mouth in front of our leader!

At that point, Gungi steps in and roars at the bandit. Yang as well as Gungi, Byph and Huyang found themselves in a hostile situation. They were in the heart of the bandit camp surrounded by Raven's bandits. But that they didn't know was that the reunion between mother and daughter would not be the only reunion that would occur in the bandit camp.