Chapter Nine - Known By It's Song

After an unspecified out of time, Petro wakes up in a cage next to Weiss who was trying to activate her Glyphs. As Petro gets up, his head begins to hurt. 

Petro: Ow...mind telling me what happened?

Weiss: We crashed and got captured by bandits. How in Oum did this happen?! Surely we're smarter than this!

Petro: Apparently not. Don't worry, Weiss. We'll be out of here in no time. 

As Petro reaches for his Lightsaber, he finds his Lightsaber missing from his belt. He then remembers his fight with Raven and puts two and two together. 

Petro: Ah Sithspit! They took my Lightsaber. Katooni's gonna kill me. 

Weiss: I think we have better things to worry about at the moment. 

Petro: Since we're probably gonna be here for a while, there's something I need to get off my chest. 

Weiss: Surely this can wait. In case you didn't notice, we're prisoners to a group of bandits. 

Petro: Better you hear it now than later. 

Petro proceeds to tell Weiss everything about his true identity as a Jedi. He tells her about the nature of the Force as well as the circumstances that brought him and the Kybuck Clan to Remnant. Weiss was caught off guard by this. 

Weiss: I...I don't know what to say.

Petro: I know it sounds crazy to hear, but it's the truth.

Suddenly, a bandit is throw against the cage. Petro and Weiss looked and saw Yang as well as Gungi. Byph and Professor Huyang outside. 

Weiss: Yang?

Yang: Weiss?

Petro: Looks like subtlety is out the window. 

Weiss then summons an Arma Gigas to destroy the cage. Weiss and Petro then reunite with Yang, Gungi, Byph and Huyang. 

Gungi: <Petro!>

Byph: Are you all right?!

Petro: I'll be fine. Please tell me you got my Lightsaber. 

Gungi then hands Petro his Lightsaber. As the group were surrounded by bandits, they prepared for a fight. Before a fight could break out, Raven intervenes. 

Raven: If you people don't keep it together this place will be crawling with Grimm. Vernal, give the girl her weapon back.

Vernal then tosses Myrtenaster to Weiss. 

Raven: All of you. In my tent, now. 

Yang: Why?

Raven: If you're really going after your sister, then you need to know the truth.

As Raven enters her tent, Weiss took the opportunity to strongly hug Yang. Petro gladly welcomed a bear hug from Gungi as well as a pat on the back from Byph. The reunion was cut short as they met Raven in her tent. 

Yang: So, what's the "truth"?

Raven: You know, it's better when it's hot.

Weiss: You know, you're really obnoxious.

Raven: The truth is that "truth" is hard to come by. A story of victory for one person is a story of defeat for someone else. By now, your uncle has surely told Ruby and her friends plenty of stories.

Yang: Well, he's never given me a reason to doubt him before.

Raven: That doesn't mean those reasons don't exist. You know, you and your teammates might as well be the poster children for the Huntsman Academies. Your motives vary, but you all enrolled to try and make the world a better place. It's adorable.

At that point, Petro became annoyed with Raven's response. 

Petro: You don't know the first thing about us, lady. 

Raven: I honestly couldn't care less. Not all of them think like that. Some people are just in it for the money and the fame, but there's even more that are just looking to grow stronger. Your Uncle Qrow and I didn't attend Beacon to become Huntsmen, we did it to learn how to kill Huntsmen.

At that point, the room fell silent. Raven simply chuckles. She then proceeds to tell the group that she and Qrow were sent to Beacon to learn how to properly kill Huntsmen. But what followed was a terrible secret. It was a secret the Jedi knew.

Raven: The Creatures of Grimm... have a master named Salem. She can't be stopped, she can't be reasoned with, and she will not rest until Humanity crumbles at her feet.

As Yang and Weiss were shocked by this, the Jedi had no visible reaction as they already knew. Raven took note of this. 

Raven: Sounds like some of you already know Oz's little secret. 

At that point, Yang became angry. Despite these revelations, it still didn't give Yang the answer she came here for. 

Yang: Why?! Why did you leave me?! Why did you leave our family?!

Raven: I have my reasons, Yang. I'm giving you a choice. Stay here, with me, and I'll answer all your questions and more. We can have a fresh start. Or...you can go back to Qrow and join Ozpin's impossible war against Salem, and meet the same fate as so many others. But can you really go back to trusting someone that's kept so much from you? 

Yang: All I care about is making sure my sister is safe.

Raven: Yang. If you side with your uncle, I may not be as kind the next time we meet...

Yang: You weren't kind this time either.

Without hesitation, Raven opened a portal using her Semblence. The portal led to where Ruby and the others were. Yang was the first to walk through the portal. As the others walked through, Raven sighed. 

Raven: I know...

As the portal closes, Raven is left to ponder on her own actions. For now, a reunion between friends and family long separated was on the horizon.