Chapter Forty

Alvin knew dating Valentino would be frowned upon by his mates and entire profession,but he also knew he didn't really care. He had come to love the father of his children and didn't care that their relationship wasn't ideal nor conventional. They made it work and that was all that mattered. His children were happy and he was happy,the rest could take a hike or drop dead.

Yes.

He was getting selfish these days.

Anyways back to the impending disaster that was threatening his happiness Alvin needed to end the mess his former lover had created.

Jason.

At a point he was Alvin's whole world,worshiped the very ground he walked on but now...he was a loose canon. A danger not only to society but himself as well.

Alvin saw two options of which both would be too heavy for him to live with. He could get the military involved and send the man to jail for his crimes which was really the best way. Jason wasn't his problem necessarily but the army's. But then in technicality Jason was dead to the authorities which lead to the second option of sending him six feet under. I mean you cant kill whats already dead right? However Despite everything Alvin still loved Jason and could not live with himself if he took either options,which led to the third option.

He would have to let him go. At least in this case his conscious would let him live in peace. The guilt he had carried around for seven years would stop and hopefully by chance Jason would find peace and love eventually.

Hopefully.

"Jason we need to move,I think we may have some company". Bane's voice snapped Alvin out of his thoughts. He looked to Bane as the man looked behind him. Bane was another person Alvin didn't understand. The vibe he was getting around the man was of a hostile nature and it unnerved him a bit. At least he had an idea why Jason had gone psycho but Bane...

" well,will you look at that, your fiance and his little entourage just arrived Alvin. This is gonna be even better than pictured. At least now I get to kill him right in front of your eyes huh,?"Jason smirked as he glances at Alvin with an evil glint in his eyes.

Alvin felt his blood run cold as Jason's words broke through his thoughts. He felt rather than heard the presence of his lover,he had been too occupied with what was around he forgot that one of his men might have called for back up. He felt the adrenaline course through his veins as Jason moved to grab something behind his back,felt the unmistakable fear grip every ounce of his body as his body moved before he could process what was happening. With inhuman speed he slammed his body into Jason sending them both to the hard ground just as the sound of a shot rung out in the otherwise quite environment.

Valentino barely ducked before he felt the burn in his arm,he had been distracted by Aurial's body in Lincoln's arms thinking the worst. He barely heard Luca yell for him to move out the way when his eyes glanced to the man next to Alvin with a raised gun.

"Fuck"! Val cursed as he gritted his teeth in agony as he stumbled a few feet clutching at his arm.
He hated bullets,they burned like a motherfucker,and this one was no different.

" Valentino"! He turned as he heard Alvin's frantic voice. Only to see Alvin struggling underneath the same guy who shoot him. Alvin's tears as the man held him was enough to ignore the missing chuck in his arm as he steadied himself just as a stray bullet zoomed past him,looking around he realised it was a war zone,bodies laid injured or dead as his people engaged with the enemy.
He took a step in Alvin's direction when a man with short blond hair and a wicked smirk intercepted him. He vaguely recalled seeing a picture in his mind of said guy but couldn't place where he knew him from. Before he could pull the gun from his back the guy threw a punch nearly missing his jaw if not for his quick reflexes as he barely moved out of the way. He went to throw another but Val caught it and smoothly landed a punch to his stomach making the guy double over in pain. He didn't wait around for another attack and kicked the guy in the gut sending him grunting over in pain. Aiming his gun as he moved to where Alvin was being held down by the man. Val aimed his gun at Alvin's attacker and pulled the trigger without the slightest hesitation,catching the guy in the shoulder who bellowed out in pain and rage. Immediately releasing Alvin who to Valentino's confusion looked to the man with what Val could only identify as concern. Val reached to pull him up,completely disregarding the injury in his arm. He inspected Alvin of any injuries who did the same,though Alvin winced when he saw the wound. "Oh thank god,I thought he killed you" Alvin clutched at Valentino's T-shirt while they embraced. "Hey" Val released Alvin to look him in the eye,he felt the crack in his voice and felt his fear. "I'm alright no need..." Valentino grunted as he felt a powerful blow to his side,he pushed Alvin out of the way just as another one struck his jaw. He heard Alvin yell out something but was too disoriented from the pain.