Chapter Twenty-Nine

Valentino

I was sweaty,bloody and wounded. My left ribcage hurt so bad my vision blurred. The place I called home for the last 30 years of my life now lay in dust. My men had been gunned down but none of it mattered at the moment.

After I made sure that Aurial had taken my family and Alexander to a Safe location I made my way back to my wing where I left a helpless Alvin and Leon. Even with the guards I had left stationed at the wing I still felt unease. Alvin was in a vulnerable state and that in itself was enough reason to cause me not to leave him unprotected for long but I had to. Alvin would never forgive me if anything happened to the kids. Clive and Vito would hold there own till back up arrived if push came to shove but that wasn't enough to calm my nerves. Luca and three others where hot on my heels as we moved through the panic stricken household or what's left of it. I could still feel the raging heat of the bomb that brought down a third of my home. People were frantically running too and from like headless chickens. The whole of the main wing was down. The wall had come down from the last blast and Only a potion of the villa remained standing. It was more than clear that my enemy was not only serious but was out for my extinction.

Clearly.

Coming to a stop at the west wing, or what was left of it, neither Clive nor Vito could be seen. It took every ounce of training my father had drilled in me to hold down every emotion that was trying to come forth. I stood frozen for a second before I heard Luca's voice telling me it was all clear. Stepping into my room I was met with a scene only seen in movies at least.

Blood. Despite the lingering smell of gunpowder in the air I could swear the stench of blood enveloped us as though we were in a slaughter house.

So much blood painted and decorated almost every inch of my room. The dark grey wallpaper had splatters and splatters of blood lining it. From where I stood in the doorway I could at least count eight dead bodies.

None of which where my men.

Not a single sign of Alvin,his father nor my men.

"Where the fuck is he?" I asked to no one in particular.

From the single bullet wound on the forehead in each of the dead men I could at least comfort myself in the knowledge that Alvin was alive. Or at least he managed to take out these fools before he was taken or something.

"We need to go" Luca advised nervously.

Seems everyone was glancing at me like I would blow up in a second or something. I mean I was pissed off at every single man and woman under my employ at the moment but my focus was on finding Alvin and safe guarding my children's lives right now. Sure I was going to reign hell over every person who had the nerve to betray let alone attack me but all in good time.

The faint yet loud buzzing of a phone snapped me out of my thoughts as I glanced to the dead body by my drawer where the sound was coming from.
I moved to the body and fished out a cellphone from his pant pocket.

A look at the flashing screen confirmed that a boss was calling.
I slide my finger across the screen and pressed the phone to my ear.

"Finally somebody answers the bloody phone" A deep masculine yet soft unfamiliar voice answered.

"Who is this?"

Silence.

I knew he had not disconnected because I could still hear him breathing down the line.

"Valentino Valerius. My,what a pleasure" The voice chuckled bitterly. I frowned not able to place where I knew this person from.
"Who the fuck is this?" I gritted through clenched teeth.

"Oh I'm just someone who wants to wants to retrieve something back from you."

"Well instead of hiding behind others why don't you come meet me and we can sort out this mess like men once and for all"

"Tempting but I'll pass for now."

"You may have won this round but rest assured when I get my hands on you..."

"You'll what Valerius? This has only just began,by the time I'm done with you your world as you know it will end. I'm going to take away everything that you hold dear to you. Because Valentino,I am the man whose going to bring down your reign as Don,burn your entire empire down to the ground. I am the man whose going to raise your children for you while breeding your Donna. I Valentino,am your worst nightmare. I'm going to take everything you hold dear and make them all mine. And the best part will be that you'll have the front roll seat." He spoke so calmly yet menacingly.

"... Consider yourself dead" I chuckled dryly as I hang up.

Rage.

Pure unadulterated rage pulsed in every vein in my body. I gripped the phone in my hand so tightly that the glass screen broke while the metal bent at an awkward angle,the tiny shards piercing my skin drawing blood. But even then i didn't feel the pain.

"Spread out and find Alvin!" I bellowed so loudly that one or two of my men audibly winced and flinched from me taking steps back and running out the room.

I tolerated a lot of things from people but Alvin was a soft spot.

Everyone had weaknesses and for the longest time I thought I didn't. Most of life I was invincible. People, friends or foe coward at the very sound of my name. I brought down senators and ministers or anybody I deemed useful or useless down to their knees at will. I manipulated everything and everyone to my will when I saw fit. With a nod of my head I gave and took life. I was...

Untouchable.

And i had preferred it like that for a time but at a glance of the golden haired,grey eyed soldier all that became useless. And so i sort and tamed the one my heart desired but With family came weakness.

Pawns.

Alvin and the kids were the only true weaknesses I had. I could give everything up for him and the kids. And therein lay my weakness.

But also my greatest strength. Yes. I would trade the world for my babies but I would equally bring it to its knees for that same reason.

"Didn't Leon have his phone when we left?" I asked Luca as we moved through what was left of the household.

"let me try to call him" Luca said as he made the call.

"His not picking"

"Well try Clive or Vito" I snapped as I moved into his personal space,almost ripping the mobile from his grip.

Breath.

Keep calm and think.

I chanted as I balled the same injured fist so hard I'm certain my knuckles had turned to Alvin's beautiful pale color.

"Nothing still" I nodded as I motioned for Luca to follow. If Alvin wasn't here then chances are he made it out and is waiting on me to find him since he isn't aware where our safe houses are located.

"Alright get everyone out of here and send them to the safehouse,and meet me upfront in five" Luca hurried barking orders at the men lingering around as I fished my phone from my pocket just as it began to vibrate.

"Dad,I need at least a dozen men to scale out Alvin's place asap." I said not even giving him time to speak.

"Clive just made contact. Alvin is safe,His home with Leon although Leon insists his not yet stable hence advises we keep the kids away for a while till he gives the okay."

My tense shoulders slumped in relief as I released the breath I have been holding since I realized he was missing.

"On my way over there now" I hang up as I moved to one of the SUV packed a few feet from where I stood.