Chapter Fifty-Seven

Lincoln

"His condition is still unstable,we can't move him right now, maybe wait a few more days sir" Dr Mendez argued against the general once again.

"His family needs him, we can no longer deny them access to him. His been here for two months already. And frankly I'm out of excuses. It's hard enough listening to my brother whine about him. That damned husband of his is going insane and causing havoc. He needs to go home. How's my grand baby doing? "

"His fine sir, growing healthy and big."

"Good. Valentino will be arriving with his men in three hours. He wants his husband back. Alvin isn't just a soldier right now, his a married man with a family of his own. And of course the Donna to the Valerius mafia syndicate. His people are getting tense and impatient for his arrival,the longer we keep him here the worse the situation at home gets." the general Assessed as he turned to Address me while the doctor walked away.

"I have already settled his papers and made the necessary travel arrangements,Your plane leaves in the next twenty four hours. My men are still around and will escort you back home. Get some rest soldier, you're going home." Alvin's uncle and of course the Lt General commander of the army said with a smirk as he patted my shoulder then turned to affectionately kiss his comatose nephew on the head and surprisingly the little brat too who only cutely growled in his sleep.

It had been a long two months since Alvin got shot. That son of a bitch Ibrahim had pretended to pray dead and pulled a fast one on us. Luckily the bullet had missed the baby But grazed his left lung. His condition was so bad he had fallen into a coma. Hutch and I had to stay back and see to him as he couldn't be moved due to the seriousness of his condition. The marines had sent two doctors to attend to him. Any disturbance could seriously be fatal for both him and The baby. On the flip side the little guy was a fighter. Growing well despite his dad fighting for both their lives. It was hard having to see him in this condition for me. We had lost Tiffany and now Alvin was fighting for his life.

The little boy was another issue. We couldn't get him to leave Alvin for any longer than necessary. Each time someone tried to make him leave he would growl and I swear I saw his eyes change color. It was so weird. He was so protective that it was both endearing and crazy. He didn't speak at all, just growled and whimpered when displeased. He would always curl around Alvin like a little dog. It was so strange.

Captain Simmons, the guy that had lead the rescue had tracked down his family. That bastard Ibrahim had killed the little guys entire family. So he was basically all alone. The Canadian government had wanted to take the child back but after we had explained to general Devlin that Alvin had a special interest in the child he pulled some strings and the boy was on his way to fully being another Devlin-Valerius brat. All that remained was for Alvin and Valentino to sign the adoption papers.

In as much as I loved the sights this country had to offer I just couldn't stand it any longer. The weather was unbearable and every bad thing imaginable happened.

Tiffany...

Sighing, I recalled the procession. She had been put to rest a few days after Alvin went into coma. Hudson, Christian and I had attended as well as others we had worked with. Her mother had broken down as she wailed blaming herself for her daughter 's demise. It wasn't a secret that Tiff had come to the army for the discipline aspect of it.

We were all ultimately still broken over the loss. We hadn't really talked about it, choosing to pretend she was out on assignment. And worse off Alvin still didn't know that we had lost yet again another member of team phoenix. He would surely be broken over it.

***

Valentino landed in the capital city of Saudi Arabia with De Luca and Clive as well as four bodyguards. He wasn't In the best of moods. In fact this is the first time in two months that he had stepped out of the villa. When news reached him that Alvin had gotten shot. He went on a rampage. Val took out his frustrations on any known enemy of the cartel. He was ruthless and unpredictable. It got worse when the army still denied him access to his husband. They had feed him one bullshit story to the next. He had stormed the marines base demanding to see Alvin. When that failed he got in touch with Alvin 's uncle and begged him to do something. Of course he received news from time to time but he still wouldn't be allowed to see Alvin. Two months felt like two years. Eventually he had threatened to sue them. However it was only yesterday that he got a call informing him of his Donna 's location.