Chapter Fifty-Eight

It was the fourth month Alvin had been in coma and he was seven months along. The doctors had Said  he was all healed up from the two bullet wounds. Damage had been repaired and was only a matter of time before he awoke.

Me however, was losing my shit. I was losing weight and had let my beard grow so much it was covering my face. I looked lost and felt like it. Our quarters in the villa had been transformed into a medical wing. I couldn't bare the thought of him alone in the hospital area so I had them move him to our room. The kids refused to leave him alone. Angel would cry and pass out from the headache caused by crying for her dad. Ares wasn't any better. When he thought no one was watching he would sneak into the room and just cry and beg his father to wake up. Alexander,who we now affectionately referred to as AJ since Alvin's older brother shared the same name was grumpy and angry at everyone. Some days he would lock himself in the spare room and shut everyone out. Others he would bundle the twins and try to get them out of there misery. He had surprisingly taken his big brother role seriously.

My parents and Aurial had completely taken over the mafia in my place,while I stepped aside to take care of the kids.

Not that I was doing much in the area either. I was trying to hold our family together while temporary gluing pieces of myself.

I didn't know what to tell them anymore. I didn't know how to comfort my children when I was a mess myself. I missed him. I missed his stunning eyes and the feel of him in my arms. I missed his scent and his lips.

"fuck" I cursed as I run my hands in my long shoulder length midnight black curls.

Yeah that's another thing, I had let my hair grow. Alvin 's golden locks had grown significantly. It was rich and looked to have a glow. Pregnancy was proving to be in agreement with him. He looked beautiful.

"Hey"

I didn't even have to turn around, Leon moved to the other side of his son's bed. He gently picked his other hand and brought it to his lips. Leon had been distraught when I brought his son home. The heartbroken look had been enough to make me swallow. He spent everyday reading to Alvin when he wasn't working on him. He had taken a leave of absence from the hospital just to attend to Alvin. Alexander wasn't any better, as the oldest brother he blamed himself even when the situation had nothing to do with him, at all.

Older brother syndrome I guessed. Aurial was trying to pick those pieces up however. I didn't know if they were an item as things with them were always unclear. It was had to determine who wore the pants in there relationship.

I sighed as I dropped in the other chair opposite.

"How's the baby doing? "

"His doing good, his heartbeat is strong and everything looks great. He should be joining us soon I imagine. Hopefully after his father awakes." Leon assessed with bags under his eyes.

"The kids are in the aquarium feeding Jasper. " he continued chuckling.

Yeah, that dammed turtle and the 🐬 dolphins were my only saving grace in this mess. The kids loved the aquarium and often times than not would be sneak in.

AJ however hated Phoenix. It was odd. Every time he saw the dog, it would growl and furiously bark at him. But with one look from him it would shut up and whine. He was a scary little boy. My men would always talk about how the kid took after me in character. He didn't talk much but when he did it left everyone overwhelmed by his voice and presence.

Jason was another issue. A few times he came over unannounced with a few of his men. He demanded to see Alvin but I refused him that honor. He had made a fuss about humans and whatnot. He was strange, his aura was always weird. His eyes looked vibrant and out of this world. My men coward at his presence when he came over. I honestly hated his guts and wanted nothing more than to put a bullet in his skull but I didn't want to dishonor my Donna. I had let him in but just when he walked through the door, the kids were coming in from the aquarium. He had frozen and sniffed the air, which was the weirdest thing. Then my oldest had let out a fierce growl as he stood in a protective stance in front of his siblings glaring at Jason. The two had started at each other as though they were old rivals but then Jason had insulted my boy and called him a mutt. That had been enough to snap me out of my daze and before anyone registered I had Jason by the throat. It was instinctual, nobody insulted my kid in my own home. He didn't even flinch however. He had but turned and walked away muttering about why I had that in my house.

Hadn't seen him since.

***

Another month had gone with my Donna still asleep. AJ was getting restless. He would growl and whimper every time he was within Alvin's vicinity. He was more protective of Alvin,he would sniff and rub himself on the baby bump like how a dog would. It was so strange, sometimes he would wake me up at night and drag me to where Alvin slept. Usually the monitor would be going haywire or the drip would be empty. It's like he could sense when something was happening or about to happen. Just last night someone had broken into the room. From what we could tell it was an assassination attempt gone wrong, the killer probably didn't think a child would be guarding Alvin. AJ had scared them off and they dropped an injection of something. Leon had confirmed that the drug was meant to kill Alvin. Now I sat in my office as I bellowed out orders to my men. I wanted whoever it was caught and brought to me in a body bag.

The vibration of my phone was enough to snap me out of my thoughts. Leon was calling. I sat up straight, frowning slightly. Leon didn't call unless there was a problem.

"You need to get down here fast. Alvin is awake and The baby is coming " Leon said hurriedly said and hang up while I remained blinking away tears.

"Boss?... "

"..."

"Val are okay? " my father asked as I wiped my eyes with the sleeve of my jacket.

I stammered a few times before the words Finally came out.

"Alvin...he, he..his awoke papa and the baby is coming ..." before I could finish my father and the rest of the men ran off. Probably to see for themselves.

I sniffed and rose from my seat. Legs shaking furiously.

My baby is finally awake . I thought as I walked through the door.