Chapter Eighteen

Alvin.

I couldn't stop blushing like a school girl as Valentino Carried me upstairs and cleaned us up, then proceeded to tack me in bed saying i needed a nap after the day we had. I didn't bother arguing over it because truthfully I was indeed tired and too embarrassed to go out and meet my father, matter of fact i was only too thankful to catch up on some sleep after all that had happened today. I wanted us to talk about what had happened but I figured it wasn't the best time for such a discussion.

So With a promise to see to the kids and all else, he had gently laid a kiss to my forehead and left me to my own thoughts.

I felt so embarrassed that my dad had caught us doing that in the kitchen of all places.
I didn't even know what had happened, one minute we were discussing something and the next i looked up to see Valentino running his hands through his hair and god did he look sexy as fuck as his muscles flexed and pulled. It was like i was entranced by his beauty and manliness, the way the T-shirt he had worn clung to his body like a second skin, abs showing through the thin material looking all inviting, i just wanted to ran my hands down his body, feel just how hard that body would feel against my own. I had gotten so hard and bothered i had lost all sense of reason as i starred shamelessly.

Valentino Was the epitome of sex appeal, every woman or man's very wet dream. With the power, wealth and aura he radiated,lack for company was least of his problems. Hence it was no surprise that he was among the top eligible bachelors in the country and always seemed to have a twink hanging around his arms. I wasn't immune to his charm either. I have always known i was attracted to him from the start but didn't want to think more than what was on the surface,hope was a dangerous thing, it lead to thinking of stupid fairytales involving happily ever afters you know can never happen and the last thing i needed was another failed fairytale. Yes we made a great pair when It came to parenting, were both forces to be reckoned with in our line of work but Would that be enough to think of a future together, if it came to that? was a relationship even what we both wanted or was this just a means to release. was this just lust, something to ease my loneliness, a body to warm my bed or did i crave something more from him?

And what about him, what did he want from this...

Despite my crazy mindset i had actually only been intimate with one man before Valentino. I never had the urge to go around sleeping about even in my young adult years, it made no sense jumping from person to person, so While Xander was out breaking hearts every Friday night i kept myself entertained by street racing and fighting.

And even when i slept with Valentino five years ago it was because i couldn't deal with the pain of losing Jason, grief had driven me to seek comfort in alcohol which lead me straight into Valentino's arms that night.

Jason.

I sighed as i clutched at my pillow tightly trying to hold down the incoming tears that hadn't made an appearance in a while.

Surprisingly the pain wasn't as intense as the other times. I wasn't clutching at my chest or failing to breath, nor was my father rocking me back and forth trying to get me to calm down. No, this pain was my heart telling me that yes I had lost the love of My life,the man i had planned a future with, my best friend and the first man i had known, No,this pain was mild and welcome, its my heart telling me that i had grieved enough, that I had loved and been loved back but now I needed to move on, to live again, to take another chance at happiness and that despite everything Jason would want me to be happy even if it wasn't with him.

With that resolve...

I pulled slightly at the covers as i moved to open the drawer to my right pulling out the photos i kept there .

I looked down at the bunch going through them one at a time, one caught my attention as always. It was a photo of me and Jason smiling at the camera like a pair of idiots during a mission in Algeria's capital Algiers .His beautiful dark chocolate skin a contrast against my pale milky one as he slumped a hand casually over my shoulder while i looked up at him with a slight pout and glare His brown eyes alight with glee and mischief as always. You wouldn't tell that we were actually still doing a job with the amount of happiness coming off of his face.

The ability to pull the trigger while cracking a joke or laughing at the same Time was one thing i could never understand about Jason. He could be sweet one moment and dangerous the next, it was perhaps his bipolar tendencies that drove me to his arms. He always had an "I could give a fuck what you think of me" aura about him, ever genuine and carefree, with him i always knew what to expect, he never sugar coated anything.

The first time we met the US Navy Seal had requested assistance from the marine. We where having a briefing when his team came in. He had taken a double look at me when my team was introduced and had taken my outstretched hand for a handshake then grinned a toothy grin but then proceeded to insult me by saying i was too pretty a man for the military. The whole room had stood in silence as they waited for my answer and they weren't disappointed, I gave him a bloody nose and purple eye as i told his cocky and arrogant ass to shove his opinion down his ass. Of course i was punished for assaulting a senior officer but It was all worth it when we finally got together.

_____________

The next time I awake its to find the sun has gone down, it looked like nightfall,looking up at the bedside clock it was a little past 7pm. I couldn't believe i had slept the entire day. I could hear voices and laughter coming from downstairs. My stomach was eating itself by the amount of grumbling it was making. I got off the bed and grabbed some sweatpants and T-shirt and made my way downstairs.

"Daddy! "yelled the twins as they made their way to me, jumping in my arms and clinging on like it wasn't a few hours that i saw them last. "We missed you daddy, you didn't come down for dinner and look uncle Xander is home" said Angel all excited with sparkly eyes as she pointed her little finger to the group gathered in sitting area .

I looked up at the people gathered in our living room and spotted a head of dark brown hair and ocean deep blue eyes starring back at me with the same affection i was emitting. He stood up and walked up to me just as Valentino picked Ares and Angel.

"Alexander "

"Alvin "

We said at the same time we crushed into each other,clutching at each other as though if we held too tight we may actually merge together. I wanted to cry and yell at the same time. Xander has been gone for over eight months now, he has been in Europe for a project and i hated it. In fact i only saw him twice before he had to go. Father was heartbroken when he came home one day in the beginning of the year and Xander announced that his company had been contracted to do a job in Europe,it was enough that I gave him grey hairs,he didn't need his oldest making it any worse. we were a close family and always bound together, since mum died its only been the three of us and it was a blessing when the twins arrived, it gave dad more people to dolt on but We were still his babies and he worried sick when he couldn't see us for longer than a week.

"When did you arrive? "

"just a few hours ago" he said as he let go of the embrace to hold my face as if to take me in. His eyes were red From trying to hold down the tears. And I'm sure i looked just the same.
My heart clutched tightly in my chest. Now i know how they always felt each time I was deployed. Its a sickening feeling and i hated it.