Chapter 5

Previously:

Jungkook POV

"Now that we have told her info, she'll try to find it by herself. She won't sit by ideally, that's for sure." And I couldn't agree more. Knowing her she'll probably rip off walls of her mansion to find any clue or and leading point.

I nodded, agreeing to hyungs statement.

"She won't leave it be. She try to find any lead on the matter. And when she does, she'll come back. We just have to be ready by then." Suga hyung gave a slight nod agreeing to rm hyungs words.

"We should probably start from where we left off in meantime." Jin hyung stood besides Rm hyung.

"So what do we do about yn?" Jimin looked at me as I shrugged. How would I know?

"We wait."

Y/N POV

Quietly  going around the back corner of the shed located in the far end of my yard, I entered it as dissecretly as possible.

Entering the shed I bent down to remove the boxes from the floor. I came here once I saw James going here and the farthest I could find was a tunnel underground that I didn't knew where it lead to. That day I was short on time so I couldn't bare to spend more time without being caught so I left hoping to return someday when no ones around and find what exactly was that.

Lifting the hood I Snuck into the underground tunnel, hoping I could atleast find something useful here.

Y/N POV

I tried my best to avoid any, and all guards so they don't report to James.  If James was trying to back stab me then surely he wasn't alone in this. There had to be more people in on his plan. So trying to be as secretive I went along the tunnel continuously looking back to make sure no one is going to follow me.

The tunnel itself didn't look much just mostly a poorly built mud hole. It looked like it could collapse any moment so I had to be extra careful with my every step.

After a few minutes walking through this mud hole I gave up the hope to find something useful here. Just as I was about to turn to get back my sight fell on a red dot seeping through the mud under my feet.

Curious, I gently sat down on the ground and tried to remove the dirt from the red light.

Finally after a few seconds of digging I saw a metal door in the ground. Pressing the side button on metal door a large sound erupted causing me to flinch.

The door finally opened ajar. Opening it fully I looked down to see many files and boxes of papers.

Jumping in the small room I briefly look around trying to guess what exactly is all this.

Walking towards the computer I looked at the blank screen.

Taking a seat I plugged the lead in the switch, turning it on and waited patiently for it to start.

The screen lit up but asked for a password. Of course! Just my luck.

Rolling my eyes I type in everything that comes to my mind be it my birthday, my mom's birthday, dad's birthday, the day mansion was built, the day gang was made, the day gang rose to the top, James birthday and even his freaking puppies anniversary but nothing.

Trying out all different passwords I could think of, I sighed loudly seeing the same result again and again, 'incorrect password'

Disappointed I tried not to lose hope and look around for a clue or any lead.

Suddenly my gaze fell on 'forgot password' option.

Now I was stuck, there was a huge risk of it sending of some signal or completely locking down when I chose this option.

It was a risk but I had to do something. So silently praying to God and hoping for luck to be on my side, I pressed the option only to see a hint displayed.

Letting out a sigh of relief that it didn't let out a signal of intrusion or anything I read the hint hoping my leftover brain cells could figure it out.

'the day everything fell into place.'

What type of hint is this?! The day everything fell into place? What the hell is that supposed to mean?

For some seconds I stared blankly at the screen, rereading the lines again and again.

"I have no idea what it could be." A foreign voice spoke causing me to let out a small shriek in fear.

Looking up I saw maddie shrieking with me.

"What are you doing here?!" I yelled completely forgetting that I had to make zero noise.

"No what are YOU doing here?! Shouldn't you be in bed?" Maddie put on a funny mad expression causing me to shake my head in disappointment.

"I could say the same thing." I deadpanned as she gave out a nervous laugh.

"Y-you se-e its a fu-nny s-story-" maddie started but Daphne cut her off.

"Something seemed off so we followed you. Just in case something went wrong." Wow how good were they? I didn't even see them when I was coming here.

Nodding I took a seat back in the worn out leather chair as maddie started to browse the countless papers around us.

"So what do you think could be the password?" Daphne asked standing besides me.

I shook my head, disappointed in myself.

"Have you got any idea?" I looked up to see daphne deep in thoughts.

"I have a hunch, but Im not sure." She seemed hesitant but clearly she knew it would work seeing her determined eyes.

"Woah, what the hell is this?" Maddie gasped holding up a paper with a black mamba drawn on it. The odd thing though was, it wasn't with ink.

"Is that blood? Human blood?" I asked unsure. Maddie took out some sort of paper as she lightly scarped it and did some weird stuff with it.

"Where did you find that?" Daphne questioned a very disgusted maddie.

"The box in the corner." She briefly answered.

"What's wrong?" I looked up to see her horror clear on her face.

"It's human blood." She confirmed as I hesitantly nodded my head.

"What are you guys doing?" She asked finally joining us.

"Trying to figure out this password." I answered, distressed.

"Wait you said you had a hunch! What was it?" I looked up to see a hesitant Daphne looking down at me.

"2.9.16." my breath hitched hearing those digits. I wasn't dumb to forget them.

"What makes you think it could be that?" Maddie innocently asked.

"Well according to what yn told us what she heard James talking about, it would be fair to think that this date would the day everything falls into place for james, if he truly is not on our side then this is surely the password." I knew what daphne said was right but somewhere in me I hoped for her to be wrong.

Without saying a word I silently entered the pin code. Hesitating to press the enter key, I closed my eyes as i finally got the courage to press it.

If it would unlock, then it means all those years with james were a lie. It mean all those memories were nothing. It would mean........james is not on my side. It would mean..........................james is our enemy.

Silently praying to God I opened my eyes after hearing a gasp from maddie, what I saw made my breath hitch.

'Welcome'

The screen read. The computer was unlocked. The pin code was correct. The password was a date. The date was of my fathers death.