Chapter 6

Previously:

"Wait you said you had a hunch! What was it?" I looked up to see a hesitant Daphne looking down at me.

"2.9.16." my breath hitched hearing those digits. I wasn't dumb to forget them.

"What makes you think it could be that?" Maddie innocently asked.

"Well according to what yn told us what she heard James talking about, it would be fair to think that this date would the day everything falls into place for james, if he truly is not on our side then this is surely the password." I knew what daphne said was right but somewhere in me I hoped for her to be wrong.

Without saying a word I silently entered the pin code. Hesitating to press the enter key, I closed my eyes as i finally got the courage to press it.

If it would unlock, then it means all those years with james were a lie. It mean all those memories were nothing. It would mean........james is not on my side. It would mean..........................james is our enemy.

Silently praying to God I opened my eyes after hearing a gasp from maddie, what I saw made my breath hitch.

'Welcome'

The screen read. The computer was unlocked. The pin code was correct. The password was a date. The date was of my fathers death.

Y/N POV

"So who do you think is behind all this?" Maddie questioned as everyone shrugged.

"All we know is that we are being used to fight against eachother." Daphne announced.

"And we don't know who it is? Why does he wants us to fight amongst us? And what would he gain from all this?" Suga joined.

"I guess we have to stick together for a while without anyone knowing." Jhope sighed.

"And without anyone Killing eachother." Jin gave a pointed look to me and Jungkook.

"Don't look at me. He usually starts it." I raised my hands.

Jungkook rolled his eyes as his hyung seemed to buy it and kept his sharp glare on Jungkook. Giving him a small smirk I turned around to face rm sitting silently.

"Is something wrong?" I voiced my thoughts.

"No, nothing really." Rm sighed rubbing his face. "We knew you would come." He continued as my breath hitched.

"I......I think Im gonna rest for a bit. Im tired."

"Me too!" Maddie joined in.

Rm nodded. "Jin can you show them their rooms."

Jin gave a brief nod before asking us to follow him. Silently following the older dude till he guided me to a room at the end of the hall I observe the surroundings.

"Still suspicious?" Jin asked. I was surprised he notice because I tried to be as subtle about it as possible.

"Nothing wrong with being on my toes." I shrugged. I wasn't gonna lie. One thing about me is that I never lie. I would rather have people know the harsh blunt truth then to lullaby them in sugar coated lies.

Besides I still didn't completely trust them. Who's to say they wouldn't use this in their advantage and target us.

Jin opened the door as he gestured me to go in.

"I guess. But the sooner you know this, the better, we aren't the enemy here. You can trust us." And just like that Jin gently closed the door and left me alone with my wandering thoughts.

Jumping on the bed, I laid on my bed thinking back to the events that occured a few hours back in that underground tunnel.

~Flashback~

"W-why i-s m-my dad's da-te-" i stuttered not believing my eyes. The desktop picture was of a black mamba similar to what Maddie had shown a few seconds earlier.

"Looks like james isn't who we thought he was." Daphne spoke. Giving me a apologetic look, Daphne mouth a sorry to me.

Snapping out of my shock, I tried to cover the hurt and the growing ache of the betrayal inside me.

Pulling myself together I tried not to dwell on that matter for the time being as I tried to analyze the computer's content infront of me.

"Hey, what is this." Maddie pointed to a folder named 'bts' instead of digits like the usual one in the computer.

By now I was already sure rm was right and I had to go back to come up with something before it's too late.

"I don't know." Quickly clicking on the folder I was surprised to see a folder full of information of bts. A detailed account on each member along with every possible information about that gang.

Opening one of the file I did a quick read through all the pages. I was a quick reader thanks to my hobby of reading books.

Daphne in the meantime though grabbed a nearby folder reading it thoroughly.

"We should get going now." Daphne muttered.

"Why what's wrong?" I asked looking up to her.

Daphne faced the folder towards us as we read the contents.

It was a contract, between James and some Jordan guy. A contract to make sure the truth that is known to James only remains to him otherwise he would be killed.

What was surprising though was the watermark of black mamba and venom written on it.

Daphne flipped to the next page, blood contract between James and Venom.

Blood contract was something that was done often in ancient gang, it wasn't something done in todays world. It was basically promising a dedication of your life to whoever the contract was with, which in this case is venom.

The person would basically be a slave with no right to speak or act on your own free will whatsoever if you signed it. Basically signing away your rights to someone and sealing the deal with a drop of blood from both parties.

I once heard dad saying that blood contract was something that held high regard and no matter what, you couldn't breach it or there would be severe consequences. What consequences, dad never told me since I was only eleven at that time.

I don't know what this was for but one thing was sure, James was certainly not on our side.

James was a part of that venom organization or gang. James was not what we thought. He was a traitor.

Nodding we set the place back to how it initially was and quickly made our way out, not forgetting to put the dirt back on the metal door.

~Flashback ends~

Someone whom I considered my family, someone I looked upto as a fatherly figure was just a imposter. He was just using me, exploiting us for God knows how long.

He surely wasn't alone in this, that I am sure of. But how many are in it with him.

Right now my mind was not in it's right state, after all betrayal isn't a small matter, especially if it's someone whom you considered your family.

Sighing I closed my eyes hoping to wake up to find all of this as just a nightmare.