|🐺|35|🐺|

Yin Iron

Wei Ying

__________________________________

"A-Xian you can't. The Wen's are clearly targeting you if you go near their territory they might ambushed you!" I contemplated a bit as Shijie's right. If I go their it'd be like I'm surrendering myself to them.

They might attack me which will endanger the kid's life even more than it already is. It's best to just send someone else to do it.

"Then let's just hope the pack warriors that'll be sent will find Wen Yuan safely."

Shijie smiled before she told us that she'll be leaving for a bit to get something.

"Wei Ying."

"Hmm." I hummed as I kept staring at Wen Ning. I sensed and feel something weird about him but I can't really tell what it is.

"I need to go."

"Go where?"

"Father called me."

"Alright, I'll be here looking after this two." I wall up to Lan Zhan before pecki g his lips earning a very tiny not noticeable smile if you don't look closely.

"If anything's wrong just mindlinked me and I'll be by your side in seconds."

"Mn."

"You should really talk more. Back then you spoke more than 2 sentences but now it's always one sentence and it's also short too."

"I'll try."

"Okay. Go now before father-in-law gets mad waiting for you."

"Mn." I smiled again before Lan Zhan left. Now I was alone again. Maybe I can do something to find out what's going on with this Wen Ning boy.

'I think you shouldn't try this. Something isn't right with this boy.' Suibian said as he paced around inside my head.

'If we don't do something then we'll never find out what's wrong.'

'Alright it's up to you. I won't interfere.'

I took a deep breathe before taking a sit beside Wen Ning. Slowly I let my powerful aura out. Closing my eyes, I took Wen Ning's hand in mine. I then began doing it, looking inside his mind to see what's going on. But alas it failed so I tried another method.

I tried breaking into something that resembles an invisible barrier but someone made it so powerful that even I can't with how powerful I already am. I stopped trying since it's no use trying.

"So you sensed it?" I quickly turned around startled by the sudden voice behind me. I then felt relieved when I saw it was just Wen Qing.

"You must be Wen Qing. I'm Wei Wuxian. What do you mean by sensed it?"

"My brother isn't well. He's sick and even I can't tell what's wrong with him. Medicine aren't working much on him either." I got up as Wen Qing took my place and sat beside her brother before taking his hand feeling for a pulse.

"A-Ning's pulse isn't regular either. Sometimes it's too fast and sometimes I can't even sensed it. Like he's dead."

"But that's impossible. If he's dead he shouldn't be here anymore!" Wen Qing slowly turned to me before sighing.

"A-Ning was experimented by my Uncle Wen Ruohan. He has this stone called Yin Iron that turns the living into dead. Puppets that he can control at will no matter how far he is from them. Before we left I over heard the plan which is to slaughter as many as possible when the war begins so he can win by turning those dead into puppets of his." My blood ran cold at what I heard. If this was really true this won't be an easy war anymore.

If Wen Ruohan really gets to kill many and turn them into his puppets then it's over for us. We won't stand a chance against an army of the dead that might not be easy to kill.

"Is there a way to counter this attack? We can't lose this war. I can't lose my people." I pleaded with a bit of desperation. No matter what it is as long as there's a possible solution I'll try anything just to avoid this kind of war.

"Actually there is. I heard my Uncle say that another stone lies at a cave guarded by a beast called Slaughter Xuanwu. Why do you asked?"

"I'm willing to try anything that can counter Wen Ruohan. Now please when you get better take me there. And I'll deal with the rest." After a while of silence Wen Qing finally agreed.

"Okay take a rest. I'm heading off now." I made sure a guard stays outside the room before leaving to find my mom. I knew she'd either be at the meeting room or at the kitchen making something with Madam Lan.

And I was right. The two were busy making dinner with Madam Yu's two female guards helping them. Shijie was also with them helping out.

"A-Xian."

"Shijie. Madam Lan. Mom." I greeted the three of them with a kiss on the cheek. I've actually grown comfortable with Lan Zhan's mom that I even do my normal way of greeting with her.

"What are you doing here, A-Xian. You should be heading tot he meeting room as the meeting with all the leaders will start soon."

"Don't worry Mom, I'm just gonna have a talk with you but since you did mention that the meeting will start soon I guess I'll leave it till later." I sneakily took a piece of bacon before running upstairs to the meeting room.

I happily munch on the bacon before grinning when I saw Lan Zhan waiting for me by the meeting room's entrance.

"Lan Zhan you should've mind linked me so I would've been here rather much earlier." I whined while clutching Lan Zhan's left hand.

"I forgot. The leaders of each pack is already inside waiting for us."

"Alright let's get inside now so this can start and end soon."

"It hasn't  even started yet and you want it to end soon?" Jiang Cheng said as he flick my forehead. He was standing by the now opened door with the other Alpha's inside looking at us.

"Hehehe. Sorry. Please continue. Don't mind us." I quickly pulled Lan Zhan to sit beside Lan Xichen and Jiang Cheng.