|🐺|4|🐺|

FINALLY AWAKE

LAN WANGJI

__________________________________

We ran into the underground tunnel towards the Pack house's secret hiding place. I was carrying Wei Ying who's still sleeping soundly.

'Wangji no matter what happens tonight don't you dare leave our A-Xian. Stay with him as we help the others.' Shen Wei said to me as he lead the way. He has been my childhood friend and also best friend in school since I don't easily get along with others.

I smiled at him before focusing my gaze on my mate. Even before I already knew that Wei Ying and I are destined to be together. At an early age I already knew that he was my mate. I just decided to keep it for myself until the time is right to tell my parents, brother and Wei Ying's parents.

'Wangji stay here, we'll just check the whole house in case Rouges got in.' Shen Wei said before the three of them went out. I didn't even notice that we already arrived. I look at Wei Ying again and gave him a gentle kiss on the forehead.

He hasn't woken up after the incident earlier and would only cry when his heat is unbearable. As I was about to put him in one of the beds unoccupied he started to whimper softly.

I sighed before I laid down next to him. He nuzzled close to me and buried his face on my neck.
It took hours until the noise outside was gone. It was now quiet.

I tried to stand up again but Wei Ying pulled me back down. Suddenly the door burst open and in came Dad, Mom and Uncle. They all look horrible with blood almost covering their body, clothes torn apart and they smell of death.

'Don't panic it's all over now. The Rouges are gone. Wangji carry your mate and come with us.' Dad said before he went out again. We followed silently as Wei Ying kept on whimpering once in a while.

We went into Dad's office where Wei Ying's parents are waiting along with his siblings and another guy.

'Wangji those Rouges came here for your mate.' I was alarmed now. Those Rouges are after my mate as of right now.

'Why?'

'We don't know yet. Right now your priority is your mate. Protect him and do not let him out of your sight.' I agreed with Dad.

'Shen Wei. Xiao Xingchen, I want you two to take your mates and keep an eye on them as well.' Mrs. Wei added before going to my side and giving Wei Ying a kiss on his forehead.

'I'll be going now.' I gave a slight bow before making my way out of Dad's office. I went to my room and gently place Wei Ying on my bed. He whimpered for a while but when he caught my scent on the pillow he immediately relaxed.

I lay down beside him and pulled him close to me. I smelled his amazing scent before drifting off to sleep.

It was night time when I woke up but what shock me is Wei Ying. He was already awake and looking at me intently. I blink a couple of times before I touch his left cheek. He immediately purred when I touch him.

'Lan Zhan~ I miss you so much.' He hugged me tight while rubbing his head on my chest. I smiled at his cute childish side.

'Wei Ying are you feeling okay now?' I push him gently before feeling his temperature. I even smelled him to see if his heat is still there.

'Hey I'm still in my heat but I'm feeling fine when your by my side. And why didn't you tell me that we're mates.' He gave a cute pout and I resisted the urge to kiss him senseless.

'We'll talk about that after your heat is gone. Let's go eat dinner.' I pulled him and we went downstairs to the dining room. His parents and mine are happily chatting while his siblings and their mate are nowhere to be found.

'A-Xian finally you're awake.' Mrs Wei yelled before she tackled Wei Ying. Both fell down with a loud thud. I heard Wei Ying wince upon impact with the hard floor.

Wei Ying and his mother happily talk with each other while his siblings, Dad, my Dad and I walk out and went to the training grounds.

'Wangji, I know that you still haven't finish school yet but we can't risk A-Xian's life here. Those Rouges are clearly after him for an unknown reason. I.....I just want to make sure that he's going to be safe.' Mr. Wei said as he was now trying to calm down himself along with his wolf.

His wolf is clearly trying to break loose and I admit mine as well since those Rouges are after my mate for no reason.

'Don't worry I won't let anything happen to my mate. I won't even let him out of my sight starting tomorrow.' I gladly gave Mr. Wei my word and that seem to calm him down more. I turn to my Father who silently watch me.

'Father I won't be going back to the academy anymore. I won't let myself be one centimeter apart from Wei Ying.' I seriously said before I heard Wei Ying's brother's choking on their laughter.

My Father gave me a stunned look while Mr. Wei gave me a smirk.

'I can't believe my son is this possessive.'