Brothers

WARNING: VIOLANCE in this chapter and strong language

I woke up, trembling in sweat. The nightmares were back. It would take me so long again to recover from them. I slowly pulled myself out of bed, heading towards the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror, my hair hung limp beside my face. I crouched down, images kept on flashing in my head, my breathing faltered, my neck closing in. [Flashback]

"You bitch, that's not everything I asked for." Pulling at my hair once more, feeling like my scalp was about to be ripped off. 

"Thats everything I have, please I am sorry. I will find more-"

"Shut up, you're the reason our family fell apart." He said as his hand wrapped itself around my neck. Using all the strength he had in him to pull me up off my feet. All the air escaped my lungs. I whimpered, begging for mercy. I thought it was the end. Blackness slowly started to surround my vision. I was screwed. He released me the last second, spitting on my face before he left.

Memories kept on flashing thorough my mind. I couldn't breathe. I scrambled on my knees, towards the miniscule window in the bathroom. Sweat covering me, I hooked my hands on the windowsill, pulling my self up with all the strength I had left. I pushed at the window with my upper body, trying to get it to open. 

The window finally opened. I welcomed the air into my lungs, my head dropping from the exhaustion. I stay there for a bit, allowing myself to regain my strength and energy. I slowly move back from the window, sitting on the floor. I couldn't live in fear, I had to be strong. I couldn't let all the work I had done to improve myself go to waste. I wasn't going to let him do anything to me.

I throw my clothing off, stepping into the shower. I turn the water on, adjusting it to the cold setting. The freezing cold water was making my body scream for warmth. It was helping me though. The only thing I could focus on, was the water turning me cold.

I stepped out after my shower, hugging my towel around my body. I then hover around my apartment, trying to make time pass quicker. I vacuum my room and wash the dishes. I check the time head to my room and look around my wardrobe.  I find a pair of black leggings and a red fiery cropped top. I quickly put them on, and grab a pair of red lingerie and throw it in the pocket of my duffel bag where I kept the money in. I grab my things and start heading downstairs to the club. 

I walk past the bar, seeing the bartender set up. 

"Hey Samuel." I say.

"Hola señorita." His r's rolling off his tongue. 

I sit down on a bar stool, there was no one really at the club, but me and Samuel liked being early.

"What's with the resting bitch face?" He asks, frowning at me.

I stare right at him, "You know, just little dumb stuff."

His eyes squinted, staring straight at me. He never did that, weird. "Have a drink to soothe yourself." He says handing me a beer, removing the cap with a bottle opener.

I hadn't eaten, and when it came to alcohol, it always hit me hard. I was tired and it would take my mind off everything. I grabbed the bottle and downed it. A couple seconds later, the bottle in my hand hit the cold, black marble bar top. 

"Pass me another one." I say coolly.

With no hesitation, he listened to me and turned around to grab another beer. He quickly opened it. I grab it and decide to take my time drinking this one.

"I can't wait for this day to be over," I say taking a swift drink.

"Well todays Tuesday anyway so there is not going to be much work. Right now, its roughly nearly 9pm, so I say 4 hours and it will all be over."