Private Jet

Victoria

I open my front door, rolling my eyes as Niccolò follows in after me.

"Don't you have things to be doing?" I asked.

"Nope. In fact, I should be getting to know you better. For all I know, you could try to kill me on the jet."

I turn around, "If you weren't related to Lorenzo and Alessandro, I would have loved to kill you."

He chuckled, "You're an exotic dancers Ciliegia, you don't know the first thing about killing."

"What does that word mean?" I frown.

"Oh, it's how you say cherry in Italian."

"Weird, but okay. Anyway, how do you know that?"

"Know Italian? Do you have short memory loss?" He chuckled, "Should I start calling you Dory instead?"

I rolled my eyes, the urge to murder him was so much greater right now. "Killing. Why do you say I don't know the first thing about killing?"

Niccolò's eyebrows raised, "Lorenzo taught you?"

I shook my head.

He frowned, "Alessandro?"

"Nope," I say walking to my bedroom.

He followed behind me dropping the bags next to my door, "You tell me, I have no more guesses."

Heading over to my wardrobe, I reach up to grab my suitcase. "Come on Niccolò, I may not have been born in a Mafia, but I grew up in New York."

Turning around, Niccolò was already making himself at home. He was sprawled out along my bed, his arm folded behind his head. I sigh as I place the sage suitcase on the chair next to my bed, unzipping it to reveal emptiness.

I start to grab clothes from my wardrobe and the bags from the mall, folding them tightly to fit in the suitcase.

"I still have no idea." Niccolò spoke after a while.

"It doesn't matter now, it's all in the past." I say, not paying any more attention to him.

"Still makes a fun story, and we are practically best friends now so you should tell me."

I look in his direction, and he gave a small, sweet smile. "From fiancé, to sister, to best friend. What's next?"

He shrugged his shoulder, "You tell me."

I look down at my hands, realizing I still had the ring he gave me on my finger. I slid it off my finger and extended my hand out. "Here's this back."

"Nah, keep it for a bit longer. It will be a fun joke for when we get on the jet. But back to the story."

About the killing, it was a story of the past, and I moved on from it. What harm would it do if I told him about how I know about it?

"My ex-boyfriend, Zane."

"An ex-boyfriend?" He said, you would think we were back in middle school with that tone.

"Yeah, he was in a gang. Taught me how to use some weapons and some fun little tricks." I said. Zane was a crazy guy, he only lived for the thrill. He taught me how to use knives and was the only person I had back then.

"Did you join that gang?" Niccolò asked.

"Nope, not officially. I didn't hang out with much of the gang, only if Zane was there." I walked back to my wardrobe and took a bunch of clothes, throwing them on my bed.