Mr. Angelo

WARNING: GRAPHIC

My eyes were shut, too heavy to lift. I tried to move my hand around, feeling the softness of the duvet wrap around me. I hear a noise. A quiet patter of footsteps. I push my eyes open, avoiding the light burning my eyes. I'm in my room? I slowly try to sit myself up, as a rush of pain fills me. I groan with pain. My stomach, my throat, my face, my arm, everything. It all hurt. As I finally was able to sit up on my bed, the footsteps were louder and quicker. Every thud making my heartbeat quicker. Tears started to fill my eyes.

"Please, I haven't done anything." I sobbed out, letting my head drop.

The footsteps stopped. I slowly lifted my head. It was him. The man who saved me.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you. I just went downstairs to get some supplies. You're in a bad state." A small accent shone through.

I looked down; I was in one of my gray oversized shirts. Dried blood dripped down, staining my arm. I could only imagine what my face or stomach looked like. I looked up to see his eyes searching for mine. He slowly walked over to me. A little white case with a red cross in the middle sat in his hands. He kneeled right in front of my bed; we were now eye level. He opened the med kit, laying all the equipment on my bedside table. There was so much in there, from antiseptic wipes to tweezers and gauzes. I gulped. His eyes turned back to mine.

"It's fine don't worry, I'm basically an expert at this."

I frown a little. He shakes his head and starts removing the tweezers from the clear plastic wrap, grabbing a few of the wipes. He sighs and turns back to me.

"You have to turn around." He says so that he has access to my left arm.

I steadily move my body, trying not to strain the parts of me that were half dead. My legs were now hanging off my bed and I looked straight ahead. Wondering how crazy the pain was going to be.

He stood up and sat next to me on the bed. With one of the wipes, he starts to remove the dried blood from my arm. His fingers softly grazing my skin. I slightly shivered from the touch. My body cold to the touch compared to his.

"The glass is deep into your arm, and we have to get it out now. Last thing you need is an infection."

I moved a bit so that I was slightly facing him. I look into his eyes. They were so pure. His golden-brown hair, so golden it could be yellow, was now all ruffled. A single small wave dropped right in front of his face.

He focused his eyes back on me, "Ok, this is going to hurt like a bitch so grab onto something."

I place my hand on my thigh, gripping it tightly. He placed the tweezers on one of the pieces of glass that was outside. I hooked my hand more firmly around my thigh, I closed my eyes.

"Ok, when I count to three, take a deep breath."

"One." 

My breathing quickened.

"Two." 

Everything in me froze.

"Now."

I breath in as he pulled out the glass piece. My hand suffocated my thigh from all the pressure. I breathe out and relax my shoulders.

"There's only a few more pieces, so hold on ok."

For the next five minutes. All I felt was pain. Sharp piercing pain. My nails continued to dug into my thigh, trying to distract my brain with another pain. The glass in there was scraping away at my bone. I could feel the tweezers move around inside my arm. This was too much.