Chapter 20| Home Sweet Home

Dana----------------------------------------

I fell asleep on the road to Freebell and had a dream that gave me an idea. In my dream, I was a horse and I was being hunted down, there was a crowd around me with guns and they were all saying "We're coming," I grew wings that flew me up in the air so high that I landed on the moon. I thought about it and realized that I just have to find my moon, my safe place. Well that was obvious in the beginning but it makes more sense now. My safe place would be metaphorically 'out of this world' now I have a new mystery to figure out, thanks dream.

I don't know if Chase knew about my time at Freebell but either way he didn't see my horse form so I would be safe there.

We drove up the gravel drive way and in front of Heathers house. Hannah, Clinton, and Heathers mom came bursting out the front door as Heather got out of the car. As I watched the group hug happening between Heather and her family I wished that my dad wasn't psychotic. After Heather was gone, me, Sunny, Rookie, and Maria drove away and pretended to go home. In the car, before I fell asleep we all created a plan to meet up in the field by Heathers house as horses to live at Freebell.

----------------------------------------------

The week went by really fast, me, Rookie, Maria and Sunny stayed in a hotel until Friday then left for Freebell Acres around ten. Sunny drove us to the spot on the driveway that was a short walk from the barn. We said our goodbyes and promised to keep in touch somehow. Since rookie can't fly, we had to walk to the pasture. When we were finally there, all three of us hopped the fence and me and Rookie shifted into horses. Maria walked over to a bay horse and set her hands gently on its back and transformed. Maria looked just like the dark bay horse except she had socks.

The three of us grazed in the pasure for about ten minutes when Heather, Hannah, and Clinton came out of the barn. Heather practically sprinted over to us and threw her arms around my neck. "I'm so happy to see you, Dana." Heather whispered to me. I nuzzled her hair in response.

"Lucy!" Hannah screeched running over to me while Clinton continued his saunter. The teens walked us out of the pasture and into the barn where mine and Rookies stalls were and Maria got one right next to us. After being fed, Maria fell asleep and I began my usual conversation with Rookie.

"I missed this." he started.

"Me too." I replied.

"Dana, I want to tell you something," Rookie began. "I-I love you." even as a horse I could feel a blush coming on. "I have since I first talked to you." he stopped and I turned human. I walked into his stall and he turned human too. I walked over to him and stood inches away.

"I love you too." I said putting my hand up to his cheek. He pulled me into a kiss and I felt tears lump up in my throat. I have something to love and this time I'm not letting anything take it away, not fire not Jackie and certainly not my dad. I was ready and willing to fight for him and I hoped he felt the same way.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! I know this chapter was really super duper short but I had a small case of writers block. Instead of making a sequel to this book I am just gonna make this book a few more chapters long. So I guess you'll read me then! And how about that last scene! I've been waiting to write that love confession for a while and I like how It turned out! Don't forget to leave your love! Bye!

<3HG4S