Chapter 7 | The Date

Dana--------------------------------

"Oh my gosh Lucy, that was THE hottest guy ever!" Heather exclaimed as she got on me smiling ear to ear. "Just wait until I tell Hannah she will be so happy for me." Heather kept rambling on like this the rest of the ride home.

"You know Lucy?" she said "Your a great listener sometimes I think you can actually understand me." I started bobbing my head up and down to tell her I do. "Your so funny, girl." We rode through the forest and back home in ten minutes and Heather untacked and groomed me and put me in the field and skipped away dreamily.Rookie, Dusty, and a few other horses were out there. I trotted happily over to Rookie so I could tell him the news.

"Hey Rookie you will never guess what happened today on our ride." I said excitedly.

"Girl, spill." he said obviously interested.

"Heather met the cutest guy ever! I mean if I were a human again I would totally date him. He was soooooo cute." I raved.

"That's... exciting." he said oddly disappointed.

"Oh and did I mention his horse?" I started to explain how Clinton's horse looked no longer paying attention to Rookie.

"Dan-" I cut him off still explaining. "DANA!!!!" he screamed at me.

"What?! Did you have to yell?"

"Yes, how else could I break you from your trance? Anyway is it really a good idea to go out with two dudes you just met."

"Why do you care? It's not up to me anyway."

"I-I-I just... don't want you to get hurt." he said looking down.

"Well I'm not ok? Heather will protect me." I said calmly but then it hit me how could I not notice before? I grinned with realization as Rookie looked at me, confused. "Your jealous aren't you? You are!"

"I am not Dana I'm just worried."

"Nope, your jealous."

"Am not!" he said storming away. Well that went well. Then I away in the opposite direction.

Heather------------------------------------

I haven't been able to wipe this smile off my face since this morning and I've just been watching the hours tick by. When I took a shower I almost face planted racing out and into my robe. I walked into my big room with a wide bay window and my king sized bed with the running horse bed set and my pink see through curtains and horse posters covering my white walls. My white carpets and bookshelves with family pictures and horse pictures match my room. I would explain my walk in closet but I don't want to brag. So I found an outfit after doing my make up and curling my hair, and a little bit of dancing around to Miley Cyrus' Wrecking Ball. I decided on boot cut jeans, because I will be riding, a blue shirt with sparkly flowers running up the back and my black dress boots.

By then it was about five ten and its about a twenty minute ride, so I went to get Lucy ready.

I walked down to the barn and grabbed Lucy's halter which was right next to the announcement board. I noticed a sign of a missing girl "Dana Marie Baker." I read "Last seen at Dover County Medical Center. If seen call this number." I read the number and looked at the picture. I realized how familiar she looked her blonde hair was the same color as Lucy's and her freckles were faded but there. Her brown eyes stood out to me too, just like Lucy's. Weird. Oh well I grabbed the halter and walked out to the pasture where where Lucy and Rookie were on the other ends of the pasture quick was weird because they're besties. I walked into the pasture and got Lucy and returned to the barn and do her hair. I decided to go bareback so I just braided her mane in little bumps running down her neck. and I fishtailed her tail and put on a Western bridle and set off for the stream.

==========================

Next chapter will be longer I promise.