Chapter 5 | The Visit From Him

--------------------Tanner----------------

"Ahhhhhh! She threw up on me!" I couldn't help but laugh at how stupid she looked. "You will pay for this Heather!" I was laughing so hard by now. She stormed off and I followed her still laughing my head off. On my way out I turned and winked at Hannah who was helping Heather calm down. "Oh you think this is funny? Huh? Well lets see how funny it is tonight when you go to the movie by yourself!"she screamed at me.

"Wait what?! Are-are you-?"

"Yes Tanner Skales I officially am breaking up with you!"she screamed at me and sauntered away. Wow I'm shocked but not sad. Why am I not sad? I was sad when Hannah and I broke up but why not with Maria? Do I still have feelings for Hannah? Oh well I'm not thinking about that right now. But why can I not stop thinking about Hannah?

-------------------After School-----------

--------------------Dana------------------

I heard footsteps come up the isle way toward my stall and looked over the half door and saw Heather coming near with Hannah practically holding her up. "Ill go get her tack." Hannah said walking away.

"Oh girl, today was the worst not just for me either! So first we saw Tanner kissing Maria right in front of Hannah, then I threw up on Maria. The only good thing that happened today was that we found out a name for you how do you like Lucy? Your show name would be Luck Of Possibility but Lucy sounds cuter." I shook my head up and down and winnied softly showing her I liked the name.

"You feeling good enough to ride?" Hannah asked carrying in some saddles.

"Ya but the vet has to clear her health first."

"Should we at least groom her?" Hannah asked holding up a bright pink bucket.

"Sure I think she would like that." Hannah placed the bucket in the stall and they both lifted up a spiky brush that looked painful and I flinched away "Easy girl, it's a curry comb it's not going to hurt it feels like a massage." she started to rub hr hand with it as if she saw I didn't believe her completely. I decided to let her and Hannah brush me and it really felt good. Next they took a long soft brush and flicked it over me. Then after my mane and tail was groomed they got two hooks and came near me I flinched and backed up and Heather had to show me what it was again. They picked out my hooves and got some oils from the tack room and started rubbing the oils all over me soothing me.

---------------------------1 hour later----

"Hi doctor Linden." Heather greeted. "The horse is right over here." Dr.Linden came over and entered my stall. I've always been afraid of doctors because I was scared they would find out about my powers. I paced nervously in my stall and backed into a corner avoiding the vet. He just kept coming closer. I swished my tail and raised my leg ready to kick when he came near, but I never got the chance because before I knew it I was half asleep. Ugggggg they did not just tranquilize me. I felt the doctor run his hands over me checking my body and mouth then taking a blood sample. Hopefully my blood has some horse in it. "Is she able to ride?" Heather asked

"Yes, she should be good but take it easy until the blood samples come back."

"Yes!"Heather exclaimed.

"Goodbye Heather."

"Bye Dr.Linden." Dr.Linden waved good bye and exited the building. "Ok Lucy lets take you for a ride." Heather and Hannah slowly strapped a saddle over me and slid a metal bit in my mouth and strapped the bridle on. Heather led me out of the stable and into the indoor arena where there were a bunch of fences set up.

"Are you sure you feel up to this Heather?"

"Ya Ill be fine." Heather replied slowly strapping on her helmet. Heather heaved herself onto me and squeezed my sides telling me to walk. I think she assumed I've been ridden because of my horseshoes that I had on since I was wearing shoes when I shifted. Heather took me around a few times and it took me a while to get used to the bit. She squeezed me again and I broke into a trot. A few more circles around the arena and she squeezed me again so we were cantering. After circling a few more times, she pulled back on my reigns and stopped me by Hannah."Her gaits are so smooth she's a dream to ride!"Heather enthused.

"So you wouldn't mind if I rode her?"Hannah asked.

"No, go ahead try her over the jumps." Heather got off and Hannah mounted. Turning me around with the right reign and slowly bringing me into a canter, heading for the first red and white stripped pole. I felt her lifting her seat and making herself lighter so I figured out I was supposed to jump. I cleared the first jump with ease and she quickly turned me to the next jump that was white. I knocked down the top pole but cleared the other three remaining jumps.

"She definitely has poetential for jumping, but we don't want to over work her how about a trail ride?" Heather asked.

"Sounds great Ill go get Dusty and meet you in front of the barn." Hannah replied dismounting.

"Ok see you soon." Heather said taking my reigns and walking outside the barn.

----------------------Hannah-------------

"So Hannah how are you doing?" a familiar voice said.

"None of your business Tanner." I snapped back.

"I saw you jumping and thought I would congratulate you on jumping your wild mare."Tanner said smugly taking slow steps toward me.

"She wasn't wild she was domesticated at some point."

"Ya well it doesn't matter I came here to tell you something that would make you so happy."

"And what's that?"

"Maria and I broke up."I felt a pang of joy as I looked into his green eyes. "Well are you gonna say something." he said teasingly.

"Good for you, you finally broke up with that-" I was cut off when Tanner pulled me close and kissed me.