Chapter 22|The End

Prepare yourself for a plot twist! 😬

Dana---------------------------

A gunshot rang through the air. Horses' hooves clattered against stall doors as if the doors were trying to fight them. Sirens cried in the background as I stood frozen in a dark place. Sound was there but not sight, smell or touch. Footsteps surrounded me and masculine voices seemed to pick something up.

-_-_-_-

I woke up startled again. Rookie came immediately to comfort me. I explained my dream to him and since the sun wasn't even up yet we sat in the corner of my stall and talked. I have no clue what these dreams meant but I had a feeling I would find out soon.

Eventually the sun rose and Heather came in to do the morning feeding. Upon walking in, Heather rushed over to me. She entered my stall and started to ask me questions. I quickly shifted.

"People are wondering where Maria is." Heather started. I can see where she's coming from. I would assume the popular girl would be missed if she just disappeared.

"Ask Maria when she's coming back to school then." I was feeling a bit sassy, these dreams were freaking me out.

"Wow cold." then Heather left my stall without another word.

_____

"Why are we bringing the new horse?" Hannah asks.

"You'll see." Heather said with a slight smirk before bringing me into a trot.

Hannah and Heather talked the entire ride about the most random things. Only one conversation caught my ear though.

"What ever happened to Rookie being put down?" Hannah asked.

Heather looked down slightly. "I haven't heard anything. Maybe Jackie grew a heart." Hannah let out a humorless laugh.

"People used to say stuff like that about Maria before she was 'kidnapped' or 'on vacation' or whatever." Hannah commented. Maria snorted with disapproval behind us and the girls just laughed.

We made it to the same old pond where Heather has dates and hangs out. They dismounted and Heather told Hannah to untack Rookie and take the halter off "the new horse". After a quizzical look Hannah obeyed.

I had no clue what Heather was planning but I trusted her.

"Now we wait for Clinton." Heather said sitting in the lush grass by the pond. Hannah took a seat next to her.

After ten minutes Clinton showed up. Clinton took a seat and Heather stood in front of them. "You guys are my closest friends," Heather started. "I trust you with all my heart." Heather took a deep breath. "Lucy, Rookie, and the new horse are really shape shifters." Hannah and Clinton just gave Heather a curious look.

I can't believe she didn't talk to me about this first. When your going to tell someone a huge secret you should talk to the person who's secret it is.

"Come on Dana." she pleaded with me. I stayed where I was consumed with the feeling of betrayal. I started to graze in an effort to look like a normal horse. Heather just kept pleading with me to shift. I refused to shift.

Heather sighed in frustration. "I don't know what's up with you." I don't know maybe the fact you decided to try and reveal me. Heather plopped on the patchy grass that I was grazing on and Hannah came to sit next to Heather.

"Are you alright?" Hannah asked.

Heather----------------

"I'm fine." I replied bitterly. Dana didn't shift for me and made me look like a fool.