Chapter 12 | Chase Daniels

-------------Dana-----------------------

"What is school like? Is it fun?"

"No, it's boring." I spoke the bitter truth. Rookie looked down sadly.

"Wow harsh." he muttered.

"Anyway, you need a name other than Rookie that you can go by."

"Like?" he said looking up.

"Uh Andrew or Anthony or Brighton."

"Ummmm......I like Andrew."

"Last name?"

"Rogers." he replied without hesitation.

"That was fast." I commented raising my eyebrows."

"David Rogers."

"Huh?"

"He won the national jumping show last year."

"Oh ok." Rookie just stared into my eyes and I gazed deep into his icy blue ones. I was the one to break the awkward silence.

"Ok so your Andrew Rogers whose nickname is Rookie and your from New York. K?" I said quickly clapping my hands.

"Sounds good." he smirked while he said it. The bus came to a stop outside the school and we got off the bus, heading toward a patch of grass.

"Yum grass!" Rookie shouted racing toward the grass.

"Rookie-no-you're-Ugggggg." I shouted to him as he pulled a giant handful of grass out of the ground (roots, dirt and everything) and shoved in his mouth, devouring it hungrily. Major face palm.

Quickly, I ran over to him and pulled him into the nearest classroom.

"Rookie," I started "humans don't eat grass!" I said slowly making sure he heard each word clearly.

"Then why is it here?" he asked with a duh look.

"Well would you rather sit on concrete all day?!"

"No."

"Go rinse your mouth." I ordered pointing to the sink in the back of the room. The room was big and filled with counter islands, it had tile floor and from what I could tell it was probably the chemistry room.

Rookie sagged his shoulders and walked over to the sink.

"What are you doing in here?" asked a woman standing in the doorway with her arms spread across her chest, I later recognized her as Ms.Carrie.

"Uh-um..." I stuttered.

"We just needed some uh," Rookie started.

"privacy." I finished.

"Well there is plenty of other places in this school to 'get privacy.'" she said using air quotes. "Are you new here, I haven't seen you before?" she gestured to Rookie.

"Um ya I'm new here."

"Well go to the office and register, and Danie class is starting soon so scoot along children."

"Yes ma'am." Rookie and I said in unison. Once outside, I showed Rookie to the office.

"Don't talk back," I lectured. "and don't do anything that would get you kicked out. Got it?"

"Yes Dana can I go now?." he said in an exasperated tone as I realized I had his wrist in a death grip.

"Sorry go, and remember your story!" I yelled at him as he disappeared into the office. I took a seat on the bench outside the office and did some homework.

"Danie!" that voice sounded too familiar...

"Maria, hi." I greeted back.

"So I'm having this HUGE party on Friday and was wondering if you wanted to come. This invite is for you and one friend so choose wisely. Bye!" Maria handed me the envelope and strutted away.

RRRRIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!! The bell telling me its time for class blared through the halls. I walked into the chemistry class and Ms.Carrie was shooting daggers at me with her eyes as I walked to a counter.

"Ok class," she said in her manly voice. "turn to page two seventy one in your textbooks." I did as I was told and flipped through the pages until I found the page. This was going to be boring.

After reading the pages and a lot of day dreaming, the teacher finally started teaching.

"You will be paired for this next assignment with someone of my choosing, so everyone line up." Ms.Carrie demanded.

Reluctantly, we all lined up as she counted us an paired us up. "Ok, Jimmy and Jessica, Maria and Damien, Dana and Jake,..." I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.

"Hey sweetie." I heard him come up behind me

"Don't call me that." I demanded in a low voice.

"I can call you what I wa-"

"No actually you can't, how long have I known you? A few weeks? So you can call me Danie. Ok, hon?" he opened his mouth to say something but the bell blared through the room. I actually get the saying 'saved by the bell' now. I walked to the next class with Rookie and saw a man about forty coming toward us from the office.

"Dana?" he yelled at me starting to run. I froze right there.

"Dana!" he exclaimed pulling me into a hug. "I've missed you so much! Oh sorry let me introduce myself, I'm Chase Daniels, your dad."

/////////////////////////////////////

Ya I know it's short again but it's here. I chose a celebrity for Dana so go and look her up (Caitlin Stasey) I will try to get longer and better chapters up since now its summer and i dont have to worry about school. Well thats all I have to say for now. Don't forget to leave your love. Bye!