Chapter 21| Always Watching

Dana------------------------

2 Days Later

My hooves pattered against the packed dirt road. Knight was trotting next to me with a boy around the age of twelve on his back Heather was on my back teaching the kid how to ride.

After me and Rookie kissed, I had a dream about it. It was one of those dreams that seems like two seconds but was really all night long. Anyways in my dream, me and Rookie kissed then he told me 'I'm always watching' then his face morphed into my dads and I woke up startled. Heather quickly rushed in to calm me and I still haven't told her about it and I don't know if I will. Heather has been through enough lately and I don't want to worry her.

Heather-------------------------

"Don't pull too hard on his mouth." I told the annoying kid.

"Why can't I ride your horse? She's way easier than this old slug." the child, Dylan, whined.

"It just takes practice." I said, gently resting my hand on his shoulder.

"And a better horse." Dylan huffed shaking my hand off. I pretended I didn't hear and bit my lip to refrain from yelling some nasty things at him.

And I missed a date for this I thought to myself as we started to trot back to the barn. I had to teach this kid how to ride because a trainer called in sick and I was the only back up.

After I got Dylan off my property, my phone rang.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hi." Clintons voice came back. "Are we still meeting at the pond?"

"Yeah. I'll be there in forty five minutes."

"Ok see you then, Heather." He hung up and I practically sprinted out of the barn and to my house.

"Hey mom!" I yelled at my mother who was watching Real Housewives of New Jersey.

"Hi honey!" She yelled back. When I got home two days ago, I told my mom that the reason I ran off was because I wanted to find the missing horses and Sunny ended up taking me home.

I ran up the stairs and opened my bed room door. Sitting on my bed was Hannah. She was texting someone on her phone.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

Hanna quickly locked her phone. "Heather I know you. You didn't run away just to find those horses."

"Yes I did." I said slowly.

"No there has to be something more to it, it just makes no sense." She sighed. I placed a hand on her shoulder.

"I'll explain later but I have a date right now." I said smiling and walking into my bathroom.

------

"Bye mom!" I called running out the door. I put on a pair of shorts and my cleanest pair of boots along with a red, airy shirt. my hair was put up in a bun with a red polka dot bow in it. I didn't put on too much make up, just some mascara.

I sprinted to the stable and to Dana's stall. She looked spooked at my running but quickly settled.

"We're going on a date!" I said as I slid the bit into her mouth. I groomed her about twenty minutes ago after the ride so she wasn't dirty. I walked her out side and hopped onto her bare back.

We cantered down the trail and to the pond and took an abrupt stop. Clinton wasn't here yet so I dismounted Dana and went over to the water. I found a flat rock and skipped it across the water.

"You can change if you want." I told Dana. I heard her bridle drop to the ground and she walked over wearing the same outfit she was wearing when we came home. I heard a small splash in the water and saw a rock float up from the bottom of the pond. Dana gave me a confused look.

"Since when do rocks float?" Dana asked.

"I don't know." I replied. I reached toward the water and grabbed the rock. It was at least ten pounds and had a message written in red on it "always watching". I looked at Dana as she looked at the rock.

"Does this mean anything to you?" I asked. She hesitated for a second.

"Yes. I had a dream last night after me and Rookie kissed and he told me he was always watching." she said. I looked at her baffled.

"You and Rookie kissed? How romantic!"

"Yes but back to my dream. I have a feeling that my dad is communicating through witchcraft. How else could he have gotten into my dreams and made a rock float?" she said. "I think I'm going to visit the witch in the woods for answers."

"There's a witch in these woods?" I questioned as Clintons voice filled the air.

"Hi Heather." he said. "And you are?"

"Danie, I was just leaving, bye Heather see you tomorrow." Dana said running off into the woods.

"That was weird." he said. "Where is Lucy?"

"Umm," I really hope Dana didn't leave me here. "Out in the woods grazing." I said. Clinton hopped off Duke and rolled out a blanket. He pulled his saddle bag off of his horse and laid down some food. Me and Clinton had a peaceful night under the stars and Dana thankfully didn't leave me there.

/////////////////////////////////////

Hello! I got this one out faster than normal. I would have updated yesterday or the day before but we were without wifi and I will be for the rest of the week. But don't fret! That just gives me more time to write the next chapter. ;)
<3HG4S