Chapter 6 | Clinton

-------------------Dana--------------------

"What took you so long?" Heather asked as Hannah came out of the barn with a dapple gray mare in tow.

"We kissed." Hannah whispered mounting Dusty.

"What? Who?" Heather asked in surprise.

"I'll tell you at the lake race you there!" Hannah exclaimed galloping away. Within seconds we were almost right next to her. Apparently I was pretty fast because we got there first and I got to eat the fresh grass by the lake.

"Will you tell me now?"Heather asked annoyed.

"Ya, Tanner came by the barn and told me that him and Maria broke up then he... kissed me." Heather looked shocked. "Don't tell anyone. K? I really don't need this spreading."

"OMG what are you gonna do?" heather exclaimed looking scared.

"I don't know."

"Would you ever get back together?"

"No. I don't know, it's getting dark we should head out." With a nod the girls mounted us and raced back to the barn. After being groomed and fed I was put into my stall and once everyone left I began a conversation with Rookie.

"So Rookie how was your day?" I asked.

"Pretty good Dana I got my best time in pole bending."

"Oh that's cool. I'm gonna wander around a little do you want anything?"

"A carrot would be awesome."

"Ok" I shifted to human form and made sure no one was here and walked to the tack room where there was a phone on the ground. Hmmmm what could this be? I asked my self looking through it. I went to the photo gallery and found a picture of Hannah and a boy with blonde hair. This must be Tanner! He does not look like a cheat. I flipped a few more pages and saw a girl with long hair and a pink mini skirt smiling at the camera. Probably Maria. Wait there was something about her I couldn't put my finger on it but I have my suspicions about her. I took the phone and hid it in my stall so Heather might find it.

"What did you find?" Rookie asked when I was a horse again.

"A cell phone but not just anyone's.... Tanners!"

"Really? I heard he's a big cheater."

"And I heard he kissed Hannah in the tack room."

"Ooooo drama!"

" I know right."

"Hey Dana? Would you ever tell Heather about your abilities?" I paused and thought for a moment. Would I? It would keep me safe here.

"Probably not unless I had to." I replied getting tired.

"Well good night Dana."

"Good night Rookie." and right after we finished our conversation we immediately fell asleep.

-------------------The Morning-----------

I woke up to the sound of chirping birds and the sight of fresh dew as Heather came down with my breakfast. "Hey girl, how about an early morning ride?" I winnied lightly in reply. "Ok I will get your tack." Heather left to get my tack and soon came back with English tack and a grooming box. After eating, a nice grooming and being tacked up she took me outside. The fresh smell of morning air and the beautiful sunrise still lingered in the air. Heather hopped on me and we broke into a canter. We rode to a clearing of grass with a stream running through it. She dismounted and sat by the stream hugging her knees I walked over to her and put my head next to her and grazed when a boy with dark brown hair with a cowboy hat with jeans and cowboy boots on, on a light bay horse trotted by.

"Howdy there, miss." he said in a southern accent riding up to us.

"Hi." Heather replied distractedly.

"Um, I'm Clinton Blake I own this land so uh..."

"Hmm? Oh I'm sorry I'm Heather Jackson I just have a lot on my mind-" she faded off as Clinton and Heather made eye contact. I could see she liked him. Clinton dismounted and sat next to Heather.

"So what's your horses name?" Clinton asked.

"Lucy. Yours?"

"Duke. So how about tonight you, Lucy, Duke, and I meet here for a date?"

"Sure, why not."

"Ok I'll see you here tonight at six, Heather." and Clinton hopped on his horse and rode away, Heather blown away.