Epilogue

Dana----------------

13 years later-_-_-_-

"Stay close Annie." Rookie whinnied at the brown and white paint filly, our daughter. I was riding Rookie as we trotted through the forest after Annie. I can hear and understand both human and animal languages now that I am older.

We were nearing the pond where Heather and Clinton always had dates when we were teenagers. Memories began to flood my brain as we treaded through familiar territory.

"Dana?" I heard Heather say as I turned around. She was riding a horse I've never met and next to her was Clinton. She aged well with only a few wrinkles and she still looked as pretty as when we were teens. I slowly dismounted as she dismounted her horse. Sadness welled up in my throat and tears threatened to spill from my eyes. Eventually I let them.

I heard Rookie shift and Annie stayed in her form because she was only two years old and she hasn't learned how to shift yet.

"I've missed you." she whimpered into my shoulder.

"I've missed you too." I weeped.

"Are you pregnant?" Heather asked acknowledging the large bump in my lower abdomen.

I smiled and rubbed my stomach. "Yes about seven months." I said with glee. "I have to ride Rookie to follow Annie because the baby prevents me from shifting since it can't shift with me."

"Will the baby be born horse or human?" Clinton asked earning a playful punch from Heather.

I rolled my eyes at the silly question. "Human." Then changed the subject."How did you cover for me?" I asked.

"We got lucky and since nobody would believe 'crazy shifter daughter' we covered it as suicide." Heather replied.

We talked for a long while about our lives now how her and Clinton are engaged and Tanner and Hannah are still on and off. Technically Rookie and I are not married because we didn't think it was needed although we rebuilt my old house and are living in it again so we could live our lives like normal humans.

Heather walked over to Annie and rubbed her shoulder in greeting. "What's her name?" She asked.

"Annie, after my mother." I replied. I recalled the memory of me storming out of the house that morning, the last morning, I saw her. I still don't  forgive myself for that I feel like it was all my fault. I shook the memory from my head and continued the conversation.

After several hours it was beginning to get dark and we had to say goodbye. It was hard saying bye to my old friends but I knew someday our paths would cross again. I watched Clinton and Heather ride into the distance.

"I'm going to miss them." I mumbled before mounting Rookie and riding in the opposite direction to our house.

//////////////////////////////

Quick epilogue but it's sweet in my opinion. After this is posted my book will be considered finished! Yay for finishing a novel! If I get in the mood to, a sequel may happen but no guarantees, so stick around. Thanks again for your support throughout this book I couldn't have done it without you! Also thanks for your patience I know I didn't update very often and this book literally took me years but without you I probably would've forgotten about this book an it would be nowhere!

Love you!

<3HG4S