Chapter 1 | The Fire

My name is Dana Baker. I'm a shapeshifter and this is my story.

...............................................................

-----------------Dana--------------

"These potatoes are good mom." I commented on my cheesy potatoes.

"Thanks I picked them out of my garden this morning." The rest of dinner was silent. That was probably because I just came home from camp after shapeshifting into a snake and being caught laughing at the rest of the girls. After dinner I was sent up to my room for the rest of the night. In my room I have built a miniature mansion complete with little tunnels, food, and furniture, this was my geeky getaway. I shifted into a pixie and entered my mansion I walked up to my small room collapsing in my cotton ball bed my blonde hair spreading around in all directions and brown eyes looking up. The brown eyes are signature of shifters we all have them. When day broke I went downstairs my mom was up and sipping her morning coffee. "Where do you think your going?" she said as i started storming out the door. "You come back here right no-" she was cut off by the sound of the door slamming. As soon as I was out of the house I shifted into a hawk on my way to the lake. When I finally arrived I dove in shifting into a mermaid before smacking into the green lake. I felt the morning sunlight glisten of my tail as I swam around with the fish teasing early morning fishermen by pulling their lines with my fingers. This is what I do every morning. This is how I like it too.

I finally decided to go back home and was shocked by what I saw, it was all over.