Chapter 9 | The New School and The New News

----------------Heather-------------------

"Who was she?" Hannah demanded as I stepped on the bus.
"Just some girl who moved here from New York. Were going riding later." I answered nonchalantly.
"What?! We were going riding later there is that county show... and... and..."
"Chill Hannah it will only be for a little bit, we can practice after."
"Fine but I'm your bestie just remember that."
"Ok." I said taking out my book, her looking out the window as the bus rolled on for another half hour.

-------------------------Dana--------------

I looked down at the white line on the ground steering the bus where to go. I sat there watching strangers board the bus and thought about what it would be like to ride and suddenly I missed my horse form. I missed jumping those fences with Heather and Hannah the rides I even missed Rookie. I wonder how he is right now. Before I knew it we were at St.James High.
I walked into the building and instantly felt the atmosphere difference. All along the three halls there were green lockers and green and white checkered floors. To my left about ten yards away there was a hall, and two my right there was a hall ten yards away, and in front of me there was a hall about fifteen yards away. Exactly to my right there was the office and to my left what seemed to be a gym. I went right and I stood in front of the office until someone saw me.
"Hello there." the woman said cheerfully. "I haven't seen you around here before." She said smiling creepily at me.
"Um hi I'm new here I just transferred here from New York."
"Ok well I'm Miss Meyers the school secretary and by any chance have your parents contacted the school in anyway?"
"No, I'm- I mean we're only planning on staying here for a little while."
"Oh really like how long?"
"Two weeks." I blurted saying the first number that came to mind.
"Ok well today you can be here without a parent but I expect one to come in tomorrow to clear things up. Ok?"
"Ok ma'am." I said as I've heard Heather say to people.
"Well here is your info for the day I would recommend not losing that, and what might your name be?"
"I'm Danie Barth-ala-mu ya Barthalamu." I said hesitantly as she wrote it down and told me to find my locker. I left the office looking to see what locker is mine from the paper. Four twenty three.
I went down the isles and found it. It took me a while to figure out how it worked but I got it. Inside were a bunch of textbooks for my classes. The bell rang and I had to find my first class good luck me.

--------------------Tanner-----------------

"Woah dude." my best friend Jake said as he pointed to a girl walking into the school with blue streaks in her hair.
"What does little Jakey have crush on the new girl?" I said in a baby voice.
"Uh huh she's sooo hot." he exclaimed swooning. I just giggled.
"I think her streaks are way two thousand nine." Commented his girlfriend Jackie who silently approached us looking furious. Jackie has long blackish hair and had light skin with big hazel eyes. Jake has light brown hair in a style like Justin Bieber when he was sixteen but he always wore beanies.
"Anything to say to me Jakey?" Jackie spat saying 'Jakey' in a baby voice.
"No why?" Jake said still looking at the office door not paying attention. Jackie sighed and sauntered away.
"Dude why are we always getting into messy relationships?" I said still looking at the office door when the girl came out and walked by.
"Yep." he said looking away from her reluctantly as the bell rang soon after.

-----------------Dana----------------------

I found all my classes and was pleasantly surprised to go outside instead of to the next class. I found a comfortable looking bench so I sat down and looked into my backpack for something to do. I saw the homework I had in history, the class I just left, and started on it. I was half way done with my homework when a girl with brown eyes with a tube top and miniskirt on came up to me. I instantly recognized her and figured out what I noticed about her.
"Hi, I'm Maria." she said brightly. "What's your name she asked me after a while.
"I'm Danie." I said quickly remembering my fake name.
"Oh it's very... pretty." she hesitated. "Is it short for something?" she asked politely.
"Umm" I thought "sure my real name is Daniela."
"Oh well Danie would you like to come over tomorrow so we can do make overs and shop." she said excidedly.
"Ok." I quickly replied not remembering the brat I've heard about.
She sat next to me and started to look at my homework. We spent the rest of the day together and soon we had to get on the bus.
On the bus I took a seat in seat number nine and looked out the window.
"Make any new friends?" a new voice asked me as I swung around to see who it was.
"Um ya." I said simply.
"Well your about to make another." he said in a romantic voice.
"I don't know who you are and is that your idea of a pick up line? My grandma could do better." I smirked at that comeback.
"Fine. Hi, I'm Jake and you are."
"Danie. Now was that so hard?"
"No" he shrugged "so who is your friend?" he asked changing the subject.
"Maria."
"Maria. As in Maria, Maria?" he questioned.
"Uh yes."
"That's my best friends ex." he said astonished.
"Wait Tanner?" I asked.
"Ya, you know him?"
"Umm no who's Tanner?" I asked nonchalantly
"You do"
"No"
"Yes"
"Fine I do so what."
"So I don't know I guess it's just a small world."
"Ya"
"So Danie would you like to go out with me sometime?" I instantly thought about Rookie.
"Um sure." I said uncertainly.
"Ok here is my phone number contact me when your free." he said handing me a paper and getting off at the next stop.
When my stop came I got off with Heather and Hannah.
"Hi Heather are we still going riding?" I asked.
"Ya Hannah is coming though." she said in monotone.
We walked into the barn and I saw my old stall and memories flooded in. But not for long because I heard a shrill winnie come from the yard. We ran out side and I saw Rookie rearing with a bunch of bandages on him. I ran over to him screaming his name.
"Rookie!" I exclaimed and he stopped. I threw my arms around his neck as he lowered his head to me.
"What happened Rookie?" I questioned not letting go.
"Um what are you doing with my horse?" the girl holding Rookie said like she was going to bite my head off.
"Sorry continue." I said whispering to Rookie that I have so much to tell him. I was just leaving when I heard the girl crack a whip. Um no I did not just hear that I said in my head whipping around.
"Did you just whip an injured horse?!" I demanded.
"Ya he wasn't moving." she replied in a snooty tone. I lunged at her tackling her to the ground, grabbing at the whip in her hand.
"Stop-it." she said through gritted teeth. "You stole my boyfriend isn't that enough for you?" she hissed, at hearing these words I froze.
"Jake? Jake is your boyfriend?"
"Ya... why did he say something?" she questioned with wide eyes.
"He asked me out and gave me his phone number.'' I replied cautiously.
"I'm gonna kill him!" she exclaimed yelling at me to take Rookie inside.
"C'mon Rookie."I said gently tugging his halter. He didn't move.
"Listen Rookie I will explain later and then you can kick his face in for me but right now you need to go inside with me." he huffed and followed me inside while Heather and Hannah stared at me in awe.

---------------Rookie----------------------

Dana led me inside the barn and put me in the stall. I reluctantly walked the entire way.
"How did you know Rookie?" Heather asked Dana. Dana thought for a moment.
"I saw him at a show a couple months ago but I never met him." she said hopefully.
"Oh, well how about we go for that ride now that we have the whole Jackie thing covered up. At the thought of that conversation I kicked the stall door ignoring the pain I felt everywhere.
Dana, Heather, and Hannah walked away and got horses. It looked like Hannah was on Dusty, Heather was on Gallant, a bay gelding, and Dana was on Knight, a black gelding.
They left for the ride and I stood there standing, staring into Dana's old stall.
Once everyone was back from the ride it was late afternoon. I heard them all talking and laughing as Jackie walked into my stall to change my bandages while on the phone.

The call------------------------------------

"Hello Jackie are you there?"
"Ya dad"
"Oh have you made the decision about that horse?"
"Yes he's built for jumping and the vet said he can't do that anymore so I've decided to put him down."
"Great decision honey! I support you all the way. I gotta go now bye."
"Bye."

End of call---------------------------------

I had no time to mourn over my soon coming death because right when I looked down Dana was on top of Jackie again punching her.