Chapter 14 | The Rescue

Rookie---------------------------------------------

"Soo we're just going to barge in and take Dana without a plan or explanation?" Heather asked.

"So far thats all I got." I replied honestly.

"Rookie have you ever thought that maybe Dana went willingly and is safe right now?"

"Um...I've considered it?"

"Plus we dont even know his adress." she continued to list reasons why this could have been a bad idea.

"We could ask around, I mean we know his name."

"But we dont know the city or town he lives in."

"Are you always this negative?" I asked getting frustrated.

''I'm just stating the truth." she shrugged.

 For the rest of the ride we discussed what to do about our whole situation. In the end, we decided to go to a hotel for the night then in the morning ask some hotel employees about Chase.

By the time we arrived to the hotel it was dark and we were exausted. We checked in and headed to our room. The entire hotel was very victorian, in our room there were two queen sized beds with white sheets and red patterned blankets and pillows. Across from the bed there was a dark wood dresser with a TV on it and a table to the left of it with old glass lamps and other fragile things on it. The room also had a bathroom and one big window with lacey red curtains across from the door.

Heather collapsed on the bed to the right  and me on the one to the left. 

"Heather? Do you think we should go to the cops about this?" I asked.

"No, if were dealing with supernatural people its best to leave the cops out of it." she replied like it wasn't the first time she'd done this.

Before I could reply we were both asleep.

=====================================================

"Rookie?" Dana asked ''Rookie! Wake up!" Heather's voice replaced Dana's as I sat up.

"C'mon we have to ask around." Heather urged me out of bed. "Get ready I'm gonna take a shower.''

Very slowly, I got off my comfortable bed and looked out the large window. Heather and I ended up in a city complete with huge buildings and everything.As I stared through the glass at the city in front of me, I thought about what my life would be like if Dana never came, if this whole mess never happened. Then I think of what my life will be like when we get Dana back and the thought made me smile.

In about twenty minutes we were both ready and heading out the door.

Dana----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After I was ''hipnotized" and brought to my dads house there was still a lot of unexplained things. 

"Are you a shifter?" I asked.

"Yes" my dad replied.

''What about mom? She was human right?"

"No, she was also a shifter which means you're a full blooded shifter."

"What is that?"

''A half blood shifter has to touch something to shift into it, but full blooded shifters can turn into anything they can imagine. Full bloods also can control the minds of humans and other shifters that don't know how to fight it. Controling your mind was a shot in the dark because I thought your mother had been training you, but I guess you havn't gotten to mind control yet." My dad said with a shrug.

"Mom never trained me. I just figured out how to shift on my own."

"Of course, your mother always put things off." my dad shook his head and turned around. "But Dana, I will train you since you will be living with me now."

"What?! I have a life back home.I can't just leave because you told me to." I retorted.

"We will figure out arrangements in the morning but for now get your rest."

"OK." I forced out and layed down on the bright pink bed.

When my dad walked out I found a remote and switched on the TV. A show was playing about two hot vampires and some teen girl. Usually these shows would make me sick but right now I was up for watching anyone whose life was almost more messed up than mine.

Just as I was about to doze off, I heard a sharp and vivid CLUNK! I turned around to look at the window near my bed, and nothing was there. I turned back to the TV thinking that I Imagined it when it came again, another CLUNK! Now I knew I was'nt imagining it.

I slowly climbed out of the safety and warmth of the pink bed and walked cautiously to the window. I looked down at the ground below me and saw two shadowy figures standing on the ground.

With my curiousity getting the best of me, I quickly released the latch on my window just as a rock came flying toward my face, hitting me in the jaw.

"What the heck!?" I exclaimed "Who are you!? Why are you here?"

Without a name given or anything one of the the strangers said "We're here to rescue you Dana."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi I apoligize for the short chapter but I have had a busy past few weeks...or months sorry about that. In other news I might be getting an instagram for my account here on wattpad so that book covers (and sneak peaks) can be shown and or voted on. Anyway don't forget to leave your love. Bye!