Chapter 4 | The Name

------------------Heather------------------

Early the next morning I woke up feeling the possibility in the air for the new mare. Questions like what will I name her and will she be fun to ride but I can't worry about that now I have to keep my grades up and go to school.

After getting ready I ran down the stairs of my two story home and into the large red kitchen for breakfast. "Good morning Heather, how did you sleep?" my mother said to me just like she did every morning.

"Same as always, you know the usual dreaming and eyes closed stuff."

"Oh that's nice. Have you seem your father by any chance?"

"He's probably at the barn terrorizing the salesmen."

"Thanks Heather by the way you might want to get going or you'll miss your bus." she said in a motherly tone. I quickly set down my toast and rushed out the door. I was lucky that the bus stops in front of my house or I would be late everyday. I jumped onto the bus just in time and took my seat with Hannah.

"So have you decided what to name that mare yet?" Hannah asked.

"No, but I have a few names in mind."

"Like what?"

"Fruity, Sugar, Sassy, Foxy, Damsel, Lady..." I replied

"None of those fit her that well."

"Well she has possibilities for almost anything."

"That's it!" Hannah yelled turning heads. "That could be part of her show name!"

"Possibility? Like maybe Possibilities Are Endless?"

"Ya! Or Luck Of Possibilities, then her nickname could be Lucky."

"Lucky? Why not Lucy it's like Lucky without a K."

"Ya, well think about it then tell me on the way home. K?" Hannah replied before the bus came to a stop outside the school. Hannah and I entered the school in silence as we passed Hannah's ex boyfriend Tanner who cheated on her with Maria, the school popular. Tanner gave them a quick glance before turning to Maria and kissing her right there. Hannah turned and kept walking looking like that didn't bother her. I shot Tanner the death glare and flipped my hair then continued walking. "He kissed her right in front of me we just broke up yesterday!" Hannah sobbed

"It's ok if he got over it why can't you show him you don't need need him, you were to good for him anyway." Once the bell rang Hannah and I parted ways and went off to class.

--------------------Dana-------------------

What's taking so long? I'm actually not enjoying all this attention as much as I should be. Where's that stinking vet? I'm getting grumpy because I couldn't sleep last night and had a conversation with Rookie the horse in the stall next to me. I told him all about me being a shapeshifter and then had to prove it to him, he is the only one who knows about me. I was complimenting his black and white paint coat when he fell asleep but I didn't know because apparently horses sleep standing up. When the sun rose, I looked through the half door in the back of my stall that I could look outside with. I saw horses jumping, barrel racing, pole bending, doing dressage and I couldn't help but wonder what it was like.

-----------------Hannah-------------------

He makes me so mad I really thought he liked me and I really liked him. I wish I didn't find out so harsh though, I saw him texting Maria, on our date. "Hey, relax a little I can see your tension."

"Sorry, I-I just can't think strait right now."

"It's ok we all go through breakups just think about the horses and what your doing after school." I nodded in reply. Soon, it was lunch and Heather and I hurried off to eat. After I got my assortments of fruits, vegetables and my main course, a turkey sandwich. Heather and I walked over to an empty table and began eating. After about five minutes of my conversation with Heather, much to my dismay, Tanner came over and sat next to me. Heather and I just gave each other a confused glance then he had to open his mouth.

"Listen Hannah, I know we haven't been on good terms lately but-" Heather cut him off.

"No, you listen to me Tanner why are you even here you cheater if you want to go bother someone go bother your idiot of a girlfriend."

"Oh Heather I find that offensive that you call my hot girlfriend an idiot."

"Stop! Both of you just-"I was cut off by the sound of a gag and Maria's scream.

"Ahhhhh! She threw up on me!"Maria shrieked. This was hilarious. Maria's pink mini skirt and crop top was covered in brown slosh with a hint of orange in it. Maria was pulling her bright red hair into a pony tail and her disgust was showing through her brown eyes. "You will pay for this Heather!" Was what she said before turning around and storming away.