Y/N Gōruden (Chapter I)

(You can play the song now)

"Hey, mom, "

"Hey baby, are you there yet?" she said in English.

"Yeah, I'm almost there, mom. The Gps says we arrive in 10 minutes" you responded, leaning on the car window of the front passenger seat.

"Is that your mom?" Ymir turned her head from the road to look at you, then looked back at the road while putting a strip of gum in her mouth. "mhmm, she's asking how far we are from the university"

"Oh, not for long. You can tell her we'll be there soon" She said with a smirk on her face. You turned to look at her and you noticed her smiling. You've always admired Ymir's side profile. "Tell her I said hi by the way"

"Sure. I got you"

After checking in with your mom, you said your goodbyes and promised to call her once you were in your dorm. You ended the call and put your phone in your shoulder strap bag and resumed looking outside your window.

Kyoto University is a school you've wanted to attend since High school and you had already planned the major you were going to study there(Finance)

Kyoto University is a school you've wanted to attend since High school and you had already planned the major you were going to study there(Finance). Like most families, a child attending a top school like Kyoto was an achievement and students get a lot of respect if this school even noticed them.

You were so happy 10 months ago when you received the letter that you were now going to be a student in Kyoto. Your parents were happy for you, but your mom felt uneasy about it. At first, Sheila, your mother had her doubts about you attending this school because you were black and she feared the remarks people would make about you once you were there. Kyoto was quite diverse, but it didn't change the fact that many old Japanese civilians didn't agree with that diversity.

Non-Japanese were criticized for attending Kyoto, so you understood why she was constantly calling every chance she had. Top Japanese students and foreigners knew this school, so your mom invited a couple of friends and neighbors to celebrate your enrollment. Although you were Japanese, people still questioned your existence..some still didn't even believe you were born here.

They congratulated you and wished you good luck on this new journey. You lived in Shibuya, Tokyo, and Kyoto University was around 6 hours away from your home. You'd take the train two days later. On the day of your departure, your mom called you downstairs to announce she was getting a divorce from your father.

"Wait, I don't understand. What happened-"

"He has other kids.." your mom held the table that was next to her in the dining room. You saw her slowly getting on the floor, trembling as she tried to catch her breath. You quickly ran to hold her and looked at her in confusion. "What do you mean other kids what's going on?"

"Your father has other kids Y/N...I just re-received information fr-from a friend of mine," she said in between tears. "I had my doubts before about it s-so I asked an old friend of mine to investigate, and my doubts were right. N-not only did he ch-cheat on me, but he also has kids with her."