Unraveling (XIX)

❣︎𝑇𝐴𝐼𝑁𝑇𝐸𝐷❣︎

"Eren?" Natasha's voice was faint, filled with uncertainty as she analyzed the scene in front of her. Eren was hugging a girl with both arms, holding her tight. And not just any girl. It was the girl she hated ever since she stepped on campus.

"Y/n" This time her voice sounded more displeased than uncertain.

"Natasha..." you exhaled, finally realizing who was calling him.

The grip on the strap of her purse was getting tighter. Her knuckles reddening from the pressure. The hands of the guy she's been trying to get back were holding another woman tenderly and caressing her. Her entire demeanor gradually changed, with her left eye twitching from irritation and the intensity of her stare getting more frightening. It was like staring at a dog whose prey had been taken away without her permission.

As a girl, you could decipher this attitude-she was mad. Extremely mad. Her stare was first lingering on Eren, but her eyes showed no signs of anger. Only jealousy, jealousy that she wasn't the one being held, but you were. Noticing this, you got concerned and wondered what was the problem? Yes, Eren is holding you, but such a mere act of affection shouldn't anger her this much. Your face scrunched up in worry and you gently placed your hands on Eren's torso to push him away, only for him to hold you tighter. Surprised, you looked back at Natasha, whose eyes now lingered on you, filled with fury.

A light shiver went down your spine. The room was getting louder, with everything sounding clearer than it did a few minutes ago. The sounds of footsteps, warm air coming out of heaters, and the dings of elevators. Somehow, those sounds were much more soothing than the ones Natasha was making right now. Looking up at Eren, he didn't turn his head once to look at her. In fact, he was staring ahead, his chin laying on top of yours, only moving when you looked up at him. That's when it hit you.

He's ignoring her.

No wonder her eyes looked pitiful. She wanted Eren to notice her, but he didn't, which angered her even more. The staring was getting overwhelming, and you had been in his arms the whole time. He didn't let go, which led you to think that's probably what he wanted-for her to be angry.

"Eren, let go," you asserted with him finally letting go of you to press the button on the elevator, staring at the small screen above, waiting for it to reach your floor. You stood there waiting for him to say anything, but he didn't. Only grabbing your hand and pulling you close to his side. While he did so, you looked at Natasha one last time, but your heart skipped a beat at her composure. Her face was now neutral as she stared at you, but still showed signs of anger when gripping her bag.