chapter one | 𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒍𝒂𝒅𝒆

A rumble

A rattle

A grinding noise

You laid on the ground, cold sweat dripping down your back. Your head pulsed in pain and every part of your body ached. You wanted to open your eyes so badly and see where the grinding noise came from, but you just weren't able to. You drifted away in an uncomfortable uncautioness.

After what felt like an eternity you once again woke up to the grinding noise. You tried to open you (e/c) eyes once again. After some time of fighting you first opened your right and then your left eye, you were greeted with darkness. After your eyes got used to the dim light you were able to make out red lights on every wall behind the cage... the cage?!

You lifted your upper body up and looked around - you sat in the middle of a cage and felt the cold metall between your fingers. The sweat dripped, despite the cool air, from your forehead directly into your eyes. As you turned around you could make out some wooden boxes and other things like backpacks, clothes and much more.

You tried to stand up to search for a way out. Suddenly, as you were about to stand up full length, the cage suddenly moved upward. You fell down to the floor of the cage, out of shock you closed your eyes and yelped in pain as you met the hard floor.

After some time you opened your eyes once again and saw the cage moving upwards a shaft, just like an elevator. The red lights on every wall passed you with an unbelievable speed. You tried to scream, but nothing came out of your mouth. So you moved your tired arms over your head to protect your face from the cutting wind your body was exposed to.

Where were you? What are you doing here? How did you get here? As the cage moved further upwards you tried to remember anything - just anything. You saw washed out pictures of your memory, but nothing really got through to you. You knew how things worked, you knew what a hot dog was and how to climb a tree, you remembered everything, yet nothing. Suddenly a Name popped into your head - Y/n

Y/n Y/n Y/n

It was the only thing you clearly remembered, so you hung on to the thought of the Name, scared of letting go and forgetting the only thing you surely knew.

Y/n Y/n Y/n

You were Y/n!

All of the sudden the cage moved even faster. You moved your body, which was in such a fragile state, into one of the corners and pressed it against the cold metal walls, as if you searched for any comfort you could get. You brought your legs to your body and crouched in the corner.

Are you gonna spend the rest of our life in this metal cage? Were you about to hear the harsh sounds of chains and metal for the rest of your life? Was the last you would ever see the darkness of the shaft? Was the last thing you learned your own name? A tear escaped one of your eyes, but it was dried short after by the piercing wind from above.

As you thought the elevator ride would continue for forever, the cage stopped abruptly. Was it over? You looked up to see two metal doors. You heard murmuring and some voices in the distance. Footsteps are heard as someone probably walked over the metal doors.

The doors opened.