chapter six | 𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒑𝒊𝒏𝒈

Thanks to the praises you achieved yesterday, on your first day of a Med-jack, you were even more excited to start your second day. Even so excited, that you woke up just as Minho and Dan, a tall boy with shoulder long hair, left into the maze. Somehow you liked the routine, although it was your fourth day you would say that you even liked the Glade. Of course you felt the need to escape, but as long as there was no exit in sight, you were sure that a life in the Glade wouldn't be too bad.

After Frypan woke up you decided you would help him prepare breakfast. You never really got to know him, you two only talked on your second day while you tried the job as a cook. You weren't too bad at cooking, just a little slow... so you could at least help Frypan a little bit. He seemed really nice and always made sure that every Glader had enough to eat, but still hated it when someone raided his fridge, as Minho explained it. You made your way to the kitchen, while the animals and even some of the Gladers woke up. You enjoyed that time of the day, everything seemed so peaceful.

As you arrived at the kitchen Frypan greeted you with a smile, "Good morning, Y/n! I'm sorry, but I'm just starting with preparing breakfast... so you need to wait if you want to eat something", you quickly shook your head "No, everythings fine. I just wanted to ask if I may help you?". Frypan looked at you in disbelief - had no one ever offered this poor guy help? "That's so nice of you! But you really don't need to help me if you would rather relax before you start working" Frypan offered you, but you shook your head once again "I would really like to cook with you. How can I help you?"

Frypan gave you the task to cut tomatoes for the scrambled eggs and prepare some sandwiches. It was fun to cook with Frypan, he asked how you liked the glade, told you some things about the other Gladers and how his first days in the Glade went. You listened carefully and nearly forgot to continue cutting tomatoes if Frypan hadn't reminded you - what a great help you were!

After the other Gladers woke up and came to the cafeteria to get their breakfast, you helped Frypan handing out the dishes. You may or may not put some more scrambled eggs on the plates of Hank, Newt and Leo, but nobody really noticed it - not even Frypan. After every Glader got himself a plate Frypan turned to you: "Thank you so much Y/n. I never finished so quickly and certainly never had so much fun while cooking. Maybe you want to switch jobs?", you chuckled but denied "Thank you Frypan, but I'm happy as a Med-jack. I also had so much fun! Maybe we can repeat that?". Frypan nodded, you got yourself one of the two plates which were left and said your goodbyes to Frypan.

You quickly found Newt, Hank, Leo and Gally sitting on their regular table and joined them. You sat next to Leo across from Newt, but somehow Gally, who sat next to Newt wouldn't stop staring at you. "Is everything okay Gally?" you asked him after his stares got on your nerves. "Did you help Frypan with cooking?" he asked you, surprised by his question you just stammered a 'yeah'. Gally raised his striking eyebrows "That's why it tastes like cardboard today"

You rolled your eyes. There was the old Gally again. You thought he would treat you a little bit nicer after you helped him with his cut yesterday, but that seemed not to be the case. "Oh slim it Gally!" Newt groaned "It tastes wonderful, love" he smiled at you and your cheeks heated up, so you quickly looked down to hide the change of color.

 "Oh slim it Gally!" Newt groaned "It tastes wonderful, love" he smiled at you and your cheeks heated up, so you quickly looked down to hide the change of color