chapter fourteen | 𝒋𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒚

╔═══════════════════════╗

Before the chapter starts, I just wanted to thank you all for over one thousand reads! I really don't know what to say and it means so much to me that people are actually interested in the story! Also thank you to everyone who votes, comments on my story or adds it to one of their reading lists you always make my day and my heart always skips a beat haha. So thank you so much, I really appreciate every one of you!! Never forget that you're a beautiful human being and you really deserve the world - thank you so much!! So I don't want to bother you with my speech any longer and hope you'll enjoy this chapter. I hope you have a wonderful day :D

╚═══════════════════════╝

You sat at a table alone with Hank, who nibbled on an apple, while you rested your head in the palm of your hand and tried to catch a clear thought. Leo's confession had made you think about your own feelings and while your subconscious mind was already certain about its feelings, you weren't able to catch a clear thought. Images of Minho and Newt crossed your mind and gave you a bad headache. You didn't know if you just didn't want to admit your feelings to one of them or if you really didn't know any better.

Because sometimes you were practically sure that you felt more than just friendship, but other times you would call them your best friends and nothing more. "Hank?" you asked the boy in front of you, who had become a brotherly figure towards you, while you slightly lifted your head. "Hmm?" he asked in response while still nibbling on his apple, "How do you know if you are in love with somebody?" you nearly whispered, scared the boys on the other tables would hear it.

Hank's eyes grew wide and sank his hand which held the apple "What?" he asked in disbelief and you realized that you practically told Hank you might have feelings for someone in the Glade, "You actually have a crush on someone?" he asked you again. "Shhh" you shushed him, "Don't say that, please just answer my question" you said in a low tone and Hank chuckled, "What's so funny?". "How should I know, Y/n?" Hank shrugged his shoulders and you let your head sink in disappointment, but still looked at Hank with a pleading look. "Okay, okay, please don't look at me like that..." he defended himself.

"Let me think about it" he announced and stared into the distance as he always did when he thought about something. You tried to find the spark in his eyes which would tell you that he got an idea, but it never came. So you took matters into your own hands: "Do you have an idea? If not don't worry about it..." you assured him, but Hank raised his hand to signal you to keep quiet while he still thought about your, to be honest very specific, question.

You started to tap on the table with your fingers and Hank still looked into the distance. Somehow it made you uncomfortable how long he thought about your question, but after some more time there was finally the salvation: "Now Y/n, I'm not sure and I still don't know who you're talking about..." he started, "but I think you should just listen to your feelings" he told you and you sighted, "But what about when I don't know what I am feeling myself? That's why I asked you in the first place" you asked again, a hint of desperation in your voice.

"I don't know either" Hank said, "I just think that the person needs to feel like home" he explained further, but it was easier said than done and you offered Hank a small smile "Thank you". "So who do you even have on your mind? I can analyze the situation if you want" he grinned at you and you felt the colour vanish from your face. You trusted Hank, but not only would you need to mention two names, he also was good friends with one of them and you didn't want to make things uncomfortable.

"Umm" you started and looked around the other Gladers until you saw Minho and Newt walking into the direction of the table you and Hank were sitting at. As you saw them you immediately turned quiet and turned your head back to Hank. Your facial expression must have given you away as Hank looked towards the two boys walking in your direction and then back to you, raising his eyebrows. You quickly held your finger in front of your mouth to signal him to keep quiet and Hank began to smirk, which you answered with a pleading look.