Ending 3: 𝑵𝒐𝒃𝒐𝒅𝒚

╔═══════════════════════╗

╚═══════════════════════╝

...Leo. You let yourself sink next to him and the brown-haired boy was already looking at you. To be exact, he has been looking at you since the helicopter took off. Next to Leo, you looked at Minho and Newt, both of them now have also fallen asleep, so it was just you and Leo now. You remembered how he had confessed his love to you. Back then you've seen it as a tragedy to deny him your feelings. However, now you felt like you knew what an actual tragedy was.

"Is everything okay?" Leo asked in a soothing voice as if he had just read your thoughts. How do you answer such a question? 'Yes' would be a lie, but 'No' would mean that you need to explain more, so you skipped the answer. "He was my brother." You stated, while you started to play with your fingers. New tears filled your eyes and made your vision blurry. "What? Who?" asked Leo, his voice got louder, but he quickly caught himself and lowered it back down in order to not wake the others. "Hank." you answered and looked at him, tears glittering in your eyes. Leo looked at you confused.

"What do you mean?", "I've told you that I only remembered one person. It was Hank. He was my big brother and I followed him into the maze. Originally, I wasn't even meant to be there. I don't know what WICKED had in charge for me, but it wasn't the Maze Trials. I also don't remember how I got into the maze at last. I only know that it was because of Hank. I've had dreams about him since I've been in the Glade. At first I wasn't sure, but now I'm certain. However, the worst part is- that- that-" you explained, but then were interrupted by your own cries.

Leo put an arm around you and you rested your forehead on his shoulder, crying. Feeling his warmth around you felt comforting, so after some time your cries softened. "The worst part is, that I've never told him this. And now, he's gone" you finished and a tear dropped on Leo's shirt. He carefully rested his chin on your head and now held you tight in his arms. "I'm so sorry, Y/n. I had no idea." he apologized and you shook your head "How were you supposed to know?"

"But Y/n," he started "You need to promise me that you do not think that Hank's death is your fault. It is the fault of the creators. You could have done nothing to prevent it, okay?" Leo asked and his voice felt like a symphony, like a lullaby. You nodded "I- I know, Leo" you said, "I'm just, I'm just so tired. I'm so tired" you repeated under soft cries. "Then close your eyes, I will be here all along" Leo whispered and the lullaby of his voice was actually able to convince you to close your eyes.