A Hidden Princess - Wattpad Version - Sample

DO NOT READ THIS BOOK IF YOU HAVEN'T READ ALL 43 CHAPTERS OF 'A SERVANT FOR A MATE' AS THIS BOOK WILL GIVE EVERYTHING AWAY.

Chapter 1

My fist connects cruelly with bloody flesh, forcing the man's face to swing to the left. Blood and spit flinging in the air. His black eyes veer back to mine in a split second. A second too late. My knee came up with lightening speed to slam into his sliced apart chest, the moment my fist left his face. A grunt discharges with the sounds of cracking ribs.

Before I'm able to swing my fist up to jar with his throat, four arms wrap around me. Slamming my battered and broken body to the muddy ground.

Marcus roars in the back of my head, demanding these pathetic creatures to release us at once.

Giving up isn't an option. The need to destroy festers in my gut, building until my fists crave to be coated in warm red blood. The thickness sticking to my naked flesh, creating a crazed monster with wild black eyes.

Howling to the night sky, my teeth sink into the arm holding my throat to the ground. The man growls in my ear as his blood paints my mouth.

"Hold him down!"

"Where the hell is the King?"

"Caden, you need to think on Claudia! Believe in her! Picture her beautiful face, breathing smile and warm heart."

Marcus pushes for full control. I gladly give him the reins of our blood lust. Shifting, he takes a leg in his mouth, sharp teeth slice through tanned hairy flesh. He shakes the limb ruthlessly, ripping the man off his body.

"Marcus! Give Caden control back. You're not thinking straight."

Never!

Marcus lunges at a warrior. His teeth missing the wolfs throat by inches. Not taking kindly to losing a kill he swiftly attacks a warrior to his right. Surprising him. Canines pierce his side, ripping a nice juicy chuck out. The blood runs down his throat, settling deliciously.

"Enough!"

We try to ignore the power surge of the man behind us. Tiny pricks form all over Marcus's furry body. The hair on his back sticking straight up in anger and defiance.

"I said enough Marcus! You will shift back to Caden's body this instant!"

No! Nothing good will come with shifting back. Shaking his head, he tries to run for it. The power of the Kings words crush his bones, willing them to reform into a human being. The fight is strong. His legs wobbly. Each step taken brings him closer to the ground. With one last step his legs buckle, bringing his bloody snout to slide deep within the muddy ground.

"I will not demand again Marcus. Let my son have control."

I didn't want control. Haven't since that...that.

Marcus snarls at my thought path. The pain engulfs us both, sending our minds into a spiral of misery. Our death inches away in our minds. We have nothing to live for. No one waiting for us back at the castle with warm open arms.

Howling to the sky once more, Marcus gives up. His grief open for the people to feel and grieve with us. The sheer force of the agony brings the standing humans and wolves to the ground. Their howls joining his.

Not only did a prince lose his soul, but a kingdom lost their future Queen and Mother to all wolves.

Chapter 2

Jab, uppercut, kick, and repeat. Music blares through the little ear buds, pounding to the beat of my erratic heart. Sweat drips down my forehead, stinging my eyes. I relish in the pain. I crave it with each breath my throat swallows.