GS #12 - Possessive Billionaire - Sample

Galaxy Series will take place in the far future and nowhere near Earth. It will be on random planets where magic is alive and flowing through everyone's veins.

When I wake up, it's to a pounding on my door.

Quickly jumping out of bed, I race towards the front of the tiny cottage settled at the edge of Athos's property. Deep in the woods and away from prying eyes.

Snatching the wooden door open, I come face to face with a drool worthy male I've never seen before.

"I'm sorry to wake you, Shawna, but his highness Athos demanded I introduce myself before moving in. I hope you are okay with company?" The aqua eyed, midnight black haired man grins down at me.

"Who are you?" I gulp in nervousness. "Why are you moving in here?"

Is he trying to rob me? If so, I don't have much. I had to get rid of all my belongings except for my personal items.

"Oh, please excuse my rudeness. I'm Legolas, the new gardener. I've been hired on as a helper to you. Of course not directly by his highness, but I do work for him. His secretary said I'd be sharing this cottage with you. I hope that's okay? She said there's an extra bed and bath for me." Legolas scratches at his neck in nervousness.

"I'm not losing my job, am I?" The words tumble out of my mouth in fear. If I lose this job, I'm screwed.

With shaking hands and a heaving chest, I rush towards the phone attached to the wall for emergencies. Anything Legolas says flies right over my head. The ringing through the speaker shoots a pulse of fright through my heart.

"Hello," a deep husky voice demands a response. I'm unable to give one with my throat shoved down in my belly.

The phone is gently taken from my white shaking hand. "This is Legolas, the new gardener. Miss Shawna is worried about losing her job and is calling to speak to Mr ...... 's secretary in regards to her position."

I flinch away with how loud Athos is yelling through the speaker. Legolas squints his eyes and tilts his head as if he is in immense pain. What is going on? A simple question shouldn't invoke this type of response.

"Is everything alright?" I place my hand on Legolas's arm, causing him to startle and drop the phone. It bangs against the floor, cracking and disconnecting the line.

Well shit. Now I'm going to have to pay for that.

"I'm sorry," he says, wiping the sweat from his forehead. "I was occupied with what his highness was saying, and I forgot you were here with me. Don't worry about the damage, I'll take care of it. It is my fault after all."

"Do you think he will send someone to check on us?" Not that a billionaire should give a shit about two lowly gardeners. We are the dog poop that will never grace the bottom of his twenty-thousand dollar shoes.

Do shoes even go that high in price?

"Shawna?" Legolas stands in front of me with a smirk.

"Yes?" I wasn't listening, I bet. I do this all the time!

"No, his highness shouldn't send anyone out to see what the matter is. He has better things to do than check in on his servants." Clapping his hands, he leaves me by the broken phone and heads towards the front door.

The word servant stabs me in my side. It's not welcoming one bit even though I know it's what I am.

Cold air flies in through the open door, casting goosebumps along my flesh.