I know Im A Catch (Chapter 14)

As his fingertips grazed the edges of my sleep deprived face he whispers smoothly "I know your tired" my breath hitches as I look down feeling to vulnerable to confront his beautiful brown eyes "I'm fine" I mumbled gazing at the clock hanging above my desk as I gulped knowing I was not in fact okay for time kept moving while everything in me moved slower knowing inevitably I would never catch up to that dreadful clock that made me grimace every time I looked at it.

Suddenly I was interrupted by Johnnys fingertips under my chin tilting it to look at him now not the time bomb "You deserve the sun do you know why" He says leaning in just inches away from my lips, I inhale the gentle breath that flows swimmingly out of his mouth. I smile gently "why?" I say with curiosity "Because the dark has kept you to long" He whispers faintly once more as my face glowed crimson, I felt incredibly understood unable to do anything more then press my lips to his allowing my vulnerableness to seep into the sheets below us as my lips moved with thankfulness.

   His lips felt like a cure for a troubled heart as he became more eager trailing his hands up and down my torso and it felt electrical, like it was sparking every part of my body warming all my slowed down cold organs making me want more as I leaned in wanting to be closer to him, as close as humanly possible. My heart beat was erratic as I wrapped my arms around the back of his neck as his hands fixated on the back of my head. I knew that when I started to get dizzy I had to depart though I did not want to but it was only for a second before his hands stole my sides and brought them to his lap his leather jacket crinkling beneath us as we just stared at one another taking deep breaths of air as passion seeped out of our pores. I raised my hand and softly touched his defined cheek bones that shined against the moon lit sky as his breaths became uneven as he only gazed back.   'I wish I knew what he was thinking'  I thought effortlessly "damn your so intoxicating" Johnny spoke with velvet causing my stomach to become swarming with beautiful butterflies, it was truly music to my feeble ears.

Johnny understood me like no one has ever understood me before, he knew me like the back of his hand... maybe that's why I forgave him all those times. "Why are you so kind to me johnny?" I impulsively said as my thumb grazed his bottom lip disregarding everything that hes done to me while his eyebrows knitted sitting silent trying to think of the right thing to say "When we didn't even know each other I watched you from a far. I saw the way your mouth crooked down every tine Mary would pick someone else over you, I saw the way you sat silently and listened intently to everyone else yet no one ever bothered to listen to you, the way you get happy every time the bell rings.  You are your own poet. Everyone takes you for granted I even did...." He spoke trailing off. At this point I was trying to pull myself together, trying not to cry as I sit in silence when he looks down and shakes his head "and I regret the shit I put you through every waking moment" He muttered coldly trying to break the tension that laced our eyes which dripped dependency "um" I said slowly as I gazed delicately back, I wanted his lips but I began to allow myself to think back to our treacherous history. I nearly winced at the past as I zoned out. I am blinded and in love wandering aimlessly. "Shit what time is it?" He says glancing at the clock to which I snap out of it and follow his movements "Almost 9:00" I say nonchalantly yawning "shit shit shit" He then became frantic "I gotta go I have to be somewhere" he looked into my eyes with reassurance as he stood up, bent down swiftly and kissed me passionately like it was our last which made me feel grim "where do you have to be in such a hurry?" I ask.

As johnny stared for a moment taken a back that I'd even ask as he spoke up once more "uh some friends wanted to hang out by Pearson creek and I-uh promised I'd go this time" He gave a smirk and began to unlock the window giving me  goosebumps as the back draft cooled my once warmed flesh. I furrowed my eye brows "I might be back later tonight but until then get some sleep baby" he kisses me once more then hes gone like always leaving in such a hurry. I practically slam my back into my cushioned bed too sleep deprived to even switch off my desk lamp as I attempted to drift to sleep.

"Mary come on you told me we'd hang out its my birthday" I mumble trying to not let other people around us hear as my disappointed eyes begin to swell with tears "I dont know why your making such a big deal out of this Stevie they want to go to the movies and you would just be getting in the way, why can't you understand" She said irritated "I do I know they are your friends but why can't we just hang out for a day"I practically beg with my eyes "Come on Mary!" Her friend Jonna yells from the car "another time Steve, see ya have a good birthday" She says waving her hand then running to her new friends beckon call and all I can do is stay in place as betrayal and emotional pain surged throughout my body as if someone was stabbing me with tiny needles on my veins 'how could she' I think as my lip quivered.
Tap tap tap
I jolt up breathing heavily trying to find the pieces of my consciousness that were left on the pillow that I was no longer on as I began to pace myself
Tap tap
I shot my head over to my window all to fast to the point of almost causing whiplash as my eye brows knitted
Tap tap tap
I quickly arise from my bed stumbling a bit trying to get rid of the bitter drowsiness, as I shake my head.
Tap tap tap
   I was now at the window dazed and a bit startled as I looked down to find Parker staring up in eagerness, I could almost feel the cold even though the window to the outside had not yet been opened but I do have to say I was over the moon about seeing him at my house waiting for me.  I could only hope that he had forgotten about our grave misunderstanding so he can finally be ready to transcend into the friendship that I already blissfully arose into.

     My pail fingertips touch the frosty locks to the window and flipped them to the right allowing my window to release.  I was always to much of a wimp to leave my window unlocked; Im much to afraid of gouls and goblins for that, whenever johnny would come searching for my face he had to knock hard enough to wake me even though I most likely wouldn't have been asleep any way I even had made sure to lock them before I slept earlier.

   I slowly open my window allowing the scandalous breeze to lay touchdown on my heated skin, I shuddered at the sudden embrace. "Parker is that you?" I yell down trying to be as silent as I could considering my mother was only in the room next door "Yes Stevie its me" He says rolling his eyes at my stupidity "Is there anyway you can come down or I can come up?" He responds allowing the cool to cause a shiver in him as well.

   I pause for a moment trying to think of a easy way to get to one another and the only really possible easy way was me going to him he wasn't as skilled as climbing up as Johnny was.

    I gently shut my eyes for a moment and sighed "Ill be right down!" I shout a bit to loud as I grimace shutting the glass pained window and heading for my closet.

    I ran over to my wardrobe and picked a brown tea shirt off the rack it wasn't to conventional but I was in a hurry. I then picked up a pair of blue jeans and my flower patterned jacket, the entire outfit was a sorry excuse.

   I slowly creeped downstairs, dodging all the creaks that I've memorized and shutting the doors with tender care as I found my way towards the front. I quickly sit down and lace up my boots in a sloppy fashion, fumbling with the knots, I then tie up my hair and I'm out.

    As soon as I step out of the house Parker meets me, his lips blue, his hair full of  gel and I can only smile "Stevie" he says slowly shoving his hands in his denim jean pockets "Parker" I say meeting his eyes with a small smirk "I'm sorry" he mumbled as I just nodded my head in understanding letting out a sigh and walking past him "I know I'm a catch but I suppose its okay" I chuckle opening up his rusty car door wanting to attract some warmth to me and for him to follow that same heat.

Yes I finally updated 😂