(𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚛𝚒𝚟𝚎) Chapter 5

As the alarm barks at 7:00 am 30 minutes before school I am still left awake, untouched by sleep. Sleep was never my friend, the littlest things kept me awake. I knew I would fall asleep out of no where sometime somewhere today that's mostly what I do, I sleep when I'm not supposed too.

   I get up drowsy and in a daze and let out a loud yawn as the insomnia from the past nights catch up to me I rub my eyes as I walk to the bathroom.

    I go to my dresser and put on a pair of washed jeans and a Neon Green sweater. I looked in the mirror and I looked a mess. I look sick and that fit what I was feeling too, no sleep equals feeling like absolute shit. I try to put on some makeup to hide the dark patches under my eyes but it only sorta covered it I sigh "this will just have to do".

   I quickly throw my hair up in a high rise pony tail with a pink scrunchie and head to school.

    When I was walking down the road my mind drifted, it felt like I was floating, just not all there.

   As I continue to zone out I hear a loud honk at first I didn't snap out of it. But then on the second honk I was startled and turned. It was Parker...

   I wave slowly as I yawn "need a ride" he screams. At first I contemplated not taking it but I knew I probably wouldn't make it "sure" I yell back and walk towards the car. I try to recollect my thoughts as I step into the car "Whats up" he says curiously as I lean into the seat and look over at Parker "Well you look like hell" he scrunch's his nose and I scoff "ahh I'm just tired" I sigh "I would bring up the other night, but you don't seem like your exactly happy right now" he muses and I laugh "no I wanted to talk about it too" I grin as I tuck my hands in my sweater.

"So who's this Johnny kid" even hearing his name "Johnny" sent shivers. Johnny was once again back in my life and I hoped this wouldn't be a seasonal thing that he would actually be true and rational about his "feelings" and I always had hope even though there was a slim to no chance it would ever happen, where he would be rational of course. "Uh Johnny's a old friend" I cough "Okay so friend as In friends with benifits or something else" he trails as he stairs off into the road "No absolutely not" I lied through my teeth, we had just kissed and might I add it wasn't the first time, there was multiple times where we would "practice" but we both knew it was more "Uh me an Johnny just have a history and I think he's just protective over me" I close my eyes "Oh" he says questioning trying to real in more "And I have a irrational fear of like getting sick like puking, it grosses me out, and terrifies me" I chuckle lowly "and I guess he just offered to help, guess he remembered" I trail off, zoning out again.

"But that dosent explain how he looks at you and how he treated me- "how he looks at me?" I say eyes wider then before almost like exhaustion never traced me or wore me down "yeah he looks at you like I don't know like-like he's in love with you- "in love no...no way, Johnny isn't like that he's a one and done kinda guy- "one and done?" Parkers eyebrow raises "look I don't know anymore..." I pause as things grow into a awkward silence "to be honest Johnnys kinda a ass" I speak up to break the silence as my throat gets throthy "he's super bipolar" I laugh as he chuckles lowly "yeah I can see that- hey can I drive you home again after school, since we won't like see eachother much today and I wanna- "okay" I Hafley grin.

Once I arrived to my first class I was very happy about the conversation I had with Parker he seemed like a good guy and I didn't like how Johnny treated him. I don't give a damn if THAT day he liked me, Parker deserves better. I walk in and sit next to Beth "hey" I grimace as she gives me a little smile "How have you been, I haven't heard much from you in a while pep" She grins even more at the nick name "same old same old" I sit down and sigh "Well you look more tired" I couldn't take her happy yet cruel ass this early in the morning "yep" I mumble trying to say as little as possible. Apparently I did my job cause she stopped talking after that and I was left to attempt to focus, but it was almost impossible as my eyes were left shutting everytime I looked at the board.

      The whole day seems slow and dry and it was bitter, I tried my hardest not to fall asleep and somehow I managed to keep my eyes open, but I could feel the journey of today weighing on me and Johnny really didn't say much today, just a couple glances here and there and I was happy about that I couldn't take the feelings I felt that day about him and I hoped that in 6th hour he wouldn't act up since I sat next to him.

     I walked in and Johnny's eyes were immediately at me god dammit  I think to myself as I walk to my seat.

    After a couple minutes of the teacher speaking the same boring thing over and over I find myself staring at that clock again, trying to avoid Johnny, even though it was impossible being in his presence made a shiver crawl down my spine like I could feel his beautiful eyes staring at me. But slowly my eyes drifted then all of a sudden black.

     "Hey" I hear a soft voice say as it shakes me, I widen my eyes at the sudden jolt. And to my astonishment it happened to be Johnny and I happened- wait I'm on his shoulder- huh- I don't- what. I quickly remove my head "uh" I squint as the sun outside hurts my eyes "What..happened- did I like fall on your shoulder or something" I mumble still confused "well you dazed off and nearly hit your head on the table" he chuckles "and I didn't want to wake you, so I kinda just put your head on my shoulder so you wouldn't like fall" he grins awkwardly "oh...thanks" I grin as I look at the clock again "damn only been 30 minutes" I sigh "I see your tired" he says fragrantly "oh yes I am very tired" I say enthusiastically "I didn't get any sleep last night let alone all weekend" I say as I put my head down "yeah me either" he puts his hand on my back causing my cheeks to glow red.

      "I've been thinking of you to much" when he says that I look up at him because I felt the same way "me too" I calm myself  "can I take you home today?" Johnny asks. I was amazed how he didn't switch up his emotions. This was the first time in a while that he's actually treated me with the same affection within 48 hours. "Sure- wait I can't" I say as I remember I told Parker that I would allow him to take me home since some questions were still left unanswered and I still had to apologize, even though all I wanted to do was accept Johnny's invite but I couldn't do that to Parker  "why" he says defensively "because I told Parker he could drive me home, I have to apologize" I rubbed my eyes "apologize for what" he says as I can see the anguish building up "for ditching him". I really wanted to go with Johnny badly. But I was already a bad date let alone a bad friend to Parker. if Johnny keeps up this behavior then there should be other opportunities.

   I look up at his face and he seems disappointed and infuriated "I have too" I say slowly as I reach to tuck a piece of his hair behind his ear but before I could get there he stands up and walks out with the teacher looking confused and tries to follow after him "uh no I..I got it..." I mumble awkwardly

Hey I figured to update since my story is getting a little bit more popular, btw sorry there wasn't a lot of fluff in this chapter I promise there will be soon 💫