SLEEPING SOUNDLY (chapter 15)

"So where are we off too" I mumble as I tug on the uncomfortable seat belt "well I heard there was some kind of party goin on by Pearson creek and my friend tony wanted me to go, I figured we could check it out- if you want too" 'Pearson's creek where have I heard that- oh!'  "Um yeah but can we just pop in or I can just stay in the car. Johnny might be there and he can't see me" I had to mention Johnny he would be pissed if he saw me at that creek and the last thing I needed was him seeing me awake with Parker. He would believe it to be sneaking around behind his back.

"Why?" Parker questioned gazing over for a moment "apparently I'm supposed to be under the covers sleeping soundly,  not out with another guy going to the same party hes going too" I roll my eyes and chuckle feeling an underlining guilt knowing this would be a bad idea "how scandalous of me" parker nodded staring ahead. Nobody really talked after that point considering I personally felt some tension there was so many things still left in the air that it's made me clostrophobic.

  Pulling up to the creek there were many people more then I had expected, my face twisted at the sight as the memories came flooding back of my last party experience a sense of deja vu and regret became laced within my eyes. I shouldnt have came, i needed to tell him I wanted to leave but as my head turned towards him his friend tony came running towards the car at an alarming speed shouting his name.  I could tell this guy was tipsy just by his mannerisms. Parker stepped out of the car as I sunk into the seat beneath me closing my eyes trying to focus on my breath hoping he would forget I was with him or that I even existed at all but that stillness didnt last long before parker practically slammed against my side of the car door. My eyes shot open as he leaned forward with a toothy smile that reached his eyes as he shouted over the music "You comin?!".

  I walked wearily throughout the crowd following parker trying not to draw any iota of attention to myself but his friend tony was so obnoxious I swear to god you could hear him over the roaring horde of people. I was surprised but thankful that no one even glanced at us. As we came up to the snack table that was eerily close to the creek I picked up a potato chip and popped it in my mouth awkwardly as parker looked over at me and spoke "I'm gonna go get a few drinks. Do you want any?" And in that moment I knew we would not be just 'stopping by' which made frustration mixed with anxiety bubble under my skin "that's gonna be a hard no" I shouted with a jagged smile he just chuckled and said "suit yourself" as he walked off to go retrieve his alcoholic beverages while I cringed leaning against the snack table trying to locate an empty seat.

I was hoping that parker would eventually seek me out of the crowd but as I sat for over a half of an hour I knew no one was doing much of seeking. I thought me and him would try to talk some what tonight even just a little bit. If I knew we would have been split up at this party I would've said everything I had to on the insufferable ride here but inevitably I leaned back in the old creaky bench which was quite separated from the party that sat just beside the creek over looking the water. It would've been so peaceful if people wearnt writhing and screaming at the back of me. After a little while I became fragrantly bored so I turned to observe the action behind me. I noticed that almost every person from my grade was there I could even see Bev dancing with some college guy, she was always with a man. As I let my eyes scan the crowd I thought how odd johnny said that it would only be 'a few friends' This was obviously a lot more then just a few people. My newest task became trying to find johnny to see what he was doing and why he made that statement.

It was hard to pin point him I almost nearly gave up until I heard someone shout "Get it johnny!" I quickly looked to the left to see Johnny dancing with Clair a pretty blonde from my 4th hour at first I didnt question it until he continued dancing with her for a few songs in a touchy feely manner as they laughed and rejoiced. I sighed looking away as jealousy swarmed me I couldn't believe this bastard- no I take that back I could. How could I be so foolish? How could I truly believe he had changed that he wasn't just a bi polar ass hole. I was the farthest things from cool I was hot- red hot with rage. I stood up abruptly with one thought in mind 'find Parker'. I marched into the crowd shoving people out of my way trying to find his slender body or even listen for his friend. After sifting through various bodies I eventually found the one in my mind.

I marched up to him screaming over the music "hey!" Parker smiled as he shouted "There your are!" He gave me a side hug as I reached for his red solo cup gulping the burning liquid as Parker looked back surprised "Do you wanna dance!?" I said taking his hand already dancing to the upbeat music playing "absolutely!" he chuckled. I tried to essentially dance my troubles away as me and parker spun each other around, his face held a smile mine held a faulty one yet I continued to move my feet to afraid to stop in fear of what I might do or what emotion might take over thank god I couldn't see johnny from here. After dancing for more then ten minutes non stop I needed a pause, 'mentally prepare' I said to myself taking another swig of the drink looking up at parker just swaying now "can we move away from the crowd for a little while?" I said leaning in closer so he could hear me he just nodded as I led him out of the group.

After we were a distance away I flopped on the grass letting my eyes close as I felt him follow my movement only sitting instead of laying "I'm exhausted" I said feeling every word I spoke so greatly "yeah I'm pretty sleepy too. Sorry for stealing the night away from you" he said lightly as he nudged my side "where were you anyway- you know when we wearnt dancing?" He said picking up the cup and drinking the remainder "I was sitting on the bench by the water watching my boyfriend dance with another girl" I grinned through that pain staking sentence opening my eyes to gaze at the stars.

"Yeah I saw that"
"You did?"
"Yeah and I wanted to beat him up- I still don't understand why you two are together"
"History so much history"

Me and him just sat there for a while admiring one another's company as we both bullshitted like before this whole mess, it was such a relief. "I'm sorry if I made you think we were more then friends" I said with sorrow he just sighed and said "that's okay it was bold of me to assume any how" He smiled "you know what?" I said with a giggle his eyebrows just furrowed "I could use a hug from my best friend" he playfully rolled his eyes saying "I know" as he extended his arms not soon after me colliding into them with a smile.

"No shit" I heard a familiar voice sound behind us my face immediately shot up as I pulled away from Parker "What the hell are you doing here with him" he said incredulously looking at Parker like he would kill him "Chill man, we just hugged- all I saw was Johnny's fist colliding with Parkers face not soon after a whole brawl broke out as I shouted a number of words including "Stop!" I couldn't believe Johnny was acting like this considering he had spent the whole night dancing with some whore this one moment between me and parker framed our friendship that I thought to be broken, how could he?. Eventually I tugged on his shoulders in an attempt to rip johnny off of parker, people were starting to take notice "Johnny p-please stop!" Tears were fighting my eyes all of those mucky emotions rising to the surface once more as I yanked a final time Johnny finally pulling off of parker as he scurried away from him "go wait by the car Parker I'm so sorry" I said as tears began falling. He gave johnny the most nasty look as he nodded and began to stumble away. I pushed johnny off of me with anger "that little bitch deserved it- "shut up shut the hell up!" I said letting all the pain he's put me through ring out in my vocal chords "you asshole! You were dancing with some loose girl all night and you dare do this! What is wrong with you?!" I screamed looking at him in his eyes furrowing my eye brows. as he failed to reply I only shook my head and walked away towards Parker's car disappointed, so so disappointed.

I know I know its been a while but this chapter is leading somewhere so hang tight.