B2 | 04

W A R N I N G:

My critiques mean no offense to the story nor author. These are solely intended for the betterment of your work, it does not mean to hurt nor belittle you as the creator of the story. If you have concerns regarding this critique, feel free to message me privately. Everything stated here came from my own opinion and perspective which may differ from others.

This contains spoiler, beware.

Typos and errors are to be seen, this is a rough draft.

Belladonna: The Poisonous Antidote by TheEggWhoNeedsDress

Genre: Action, thriller

Status: ongoing

Language: Filipino-English

__________

TITLE:

▪ I really like the way your title is, a belladonna is one of the most poisonous plant and yet in your title, it says that it's an antidote. I love the figurative speech there! But getting back on its relevance to your story, basing from the latest chapter, I still haven't seen its relevancy to the story itself. Binanggit sa description na si Aiko ay parang isang belladonna, pero napanindigan ba sa nilalaman ng kuwento? Hindi gaano. Kulang pa 'yong impact na binigay mo, parang hindi sapat iyong pagpatay niya at parang ang common ng poison niya sa iba. Try to make her "poison" unique, and keep in mind that showing her poisonous side by making her kill isn't the only way.

▪ Though why is your title like that? I presume the plant describes Aiko's personality, right? But why does it feel like she's not a belladonna? Where's the antidote you speak of? Because all I can see were the poisonous traits of her. Kahit huwag mo nang palitan ang title, basta maipakita mo lang ang relevancy nito sa mismong laman ng akda and not just bluffs.

BOOK COVER:

▪ Is it catchy and well-made? Well, yes. But does it give the action-thriller vibe it needs? No. Looking at the cover, it looks more like a mystery/thriller and scifi rather than an action story. Take note, sa cover pa lang, dapat naggi-give na ito ng genre vibes para doon pa lang, ramdam na ramdam na.

STORY DESCRIPTION:

▪ The way of delivery is great, but not that clear. Also, the description lacks the action and thrill it needs. Maybe try to at least put intriguing questions that'll definitely make readers read the story.