B2 | 02

W A R N I N G:

My critiques mean no offense to the story nor author. These are solely intended for your work's improvement, it does not mean to belittle nor degrade you in any way. If you have concerns regarding this critique, feel free to message me privately. Everything stated here came from my own opinion and perspective which may differ from others.

This contains spoilers, beware.

Long critique ahead. A total of 6357 words.

Typos and errors are expected, this is a rough draft.

Hora's Punishment by MidoriVerde

Genre: fantasy

Status: ongoing

Language: Filipino-English

__________

TITLE:

▪ The title is pretty uncommon, and by that, I can already sense its uniqueness. You also used common words such as punishment, which is pretty much understandable since the story revolves around Hora's punishment. At sa punishment na ni Hota magsisimula ang kuwento (?), na dapat niyang mahalin at pahalagahan ang mga mortal.

BOOK COVER:

I commend your editor for somehow showing Hora and her mirror in the cover. However, I don't feel any fantasy vibes and seems more like a mystery/thriller one for me due to it's color scheme of being kinda gloomy and dark. At saka, bakit nasa loob ng salamin si Hora? Parang nagbibigay kasi ang cover ng mysterious vibes kaysa fantasy. Thus, I also think that the placements of the fonts and choices don't quite match the cover. Changing the book cover would be great.

STORY DESCRIPTION:

▪ The blurb is good, you're able to tell the readers of what the story is about, and you're also able to tell its brief summary. But there were some grammatical errors that I know you can fix.

 But there were some grammatical errors that I know you can fix