epilogue

two years later

"i still think you messed up the whole thing, but it worked out in the end so it's alright," spencer says to you.

you laugh at him as he walks home with you from the BAU. today was your anniversary of a few things; your friendship with spencer, catching cat and jules, and of course, luke.

everything started two years ago, with a stupid team bonding getaway that now everybody is convinced was a complete disaster. emily says that the only good thing that came of it was visits from hotch and derek. you and emily did have a bit of an issue when you came back from the trip but now everything was back to normal. almost like it never happened.

tonight you would be going out with luke, he told you that he had a surprise planned for you and that it was to be kept secret. you should've gotten the hint there.

"have fun y/n!" spencer says as he walks towards his apartment building.

"i wi— SPENCE WATCH IT!"

spencer blindly walks right into another man, he was fairly good looking and by fairly you meant that this man you snap both you and spencer's spines like twigs.

"oh- ow- i'm so- so sorry i didn't see you," spencer says as he fights back laughter. the man's eyes meet with spencer's and you can almost taste the instant connection they have. you would be getting a phone call tomorrow about that. you giggled and waved to spencer, who waved back and kept talking to that guy. you really wanted to stay and tease spencer but he would've just snapped you in half, forget your spine.

you make it home to luna and roxy. you smile as you walk in the door and bend down to pet them both. you and luke didn't know who's apartment to move in to, so you decided on luke's because your apartment was going to be remodeled anyways. you hung up your key that day and didn't feel any type of emotion, you just felt like you were turning the page to a new chapter. you see a text from luke, telling you he'll be home soon, give or take about an hour because he was asked to represent the BAU at an event today. you needed to make the most of this hour. you needed every second you could get.

you started with a shower. a nice warm shower for 10 minutes and then switching over to cooler water for the last 10 because they both have their benefits for the body. you get out and dry off, deciding next you'll do hair. you blow dry your hair and begin to curl it, making it look absolutely stunning. your hair falls in loose curls and you decide to make it into a low ponytail, wrapping some hair around the hair tie and putting a cute little gold hair piece in above it with white flowers, luke has bought it for you on valentine's day this year. you then move to makeup. you decided that some concealer is all you really need because you know makeup makes luke mad when you complain about it. he always compliments you and tells you you're beautiful and that you don't need that stuff but you insist on wearing it sometimes. after the concealer you go for a nice red lipstick that'll stand out. you line your lips and then apply the lipstick. you opted for one that would actually stick because luke has ended up with your lipstick prints quite often. you were done with makeup and now, here it was.

you had this dress for quite some time. the tags were still on it. it was a purple-ish color but the gold took over in light. it was a bodycon sequin dress, one that you had bought when you were in college. you hadn't ever found the right time to wear it, so you decided now was a great time.

you put the dress on and you instantly felt complete. there was no other feeling around you that could tear a whole through this newfound confidence. you check the time and see that it's been about 57 minutes. you see luke had texted you and told you he would meet you downstairs. you grabbed your gold clutch purse to go with the dress and put your phone and the mascara bottle in, along with about $60 just in case. you pet both roxy and luna and grabbed your keys, locking the door tight on the way out.