one

"what a case," tara sighs as she sits at her desk.

"i don't want to tell you again, it wasn't me spencer," you say as you argue with spencer. he laughs and holds his hands up in surrender as the argument ends.

"y/n!"

"garcia, thank god," you sigh. you run over to her and she drags you to her cave as she shuts the door. she sits in her chair and you pull the other one over as you start to tell her everything about the case.

there's a knock at the door. "come in and bow down," garcia calls out.

"y/n, prentiss wants to speak to you," jj peaks her head in. you groan and garcia winces, patting your arm as you walk out with jj.

"sorry to be the bearer of bad news, luke's in there now getting the third degree."

"he aggravated me on this case."

"when doesn't he aggravate you? y/n, face it," jj sighs. "you two will never get along to save your lives."

you nod and agree with her as you make your way up the stairs to prentiss. you knock on the door and hear her say "come in."

"i was told you wanted to speak with me?"

"yes," she says flatly. "sit down, please."

you sit in the chair next to luke's, and he leans back. you glance over at him and he just raises his eyebrows at you. you nod and understand the issue now.

"y/n, both you and alvez don't get along with each other. you don't have problems with each other, your personalities just clash. it's interfering with the way the team operates, and i refuse to transfer either of you. so, i will be sending you both away for a while."

"away?" you and luke say simultaneously.

"yes, away. you two will be gone for a month on a team bonding exercise camp. and guess who's training you?"

you and luke look at each other, then back to prentiss as she leans forward with a smirk on her face. "derek morgan and aaron hotchner."

your jaw damn near drops. hotch and morgan were going to be pulling this off? they should be doing it too, but you pushed that thought aside.

"usually hotch would be there more often then not, but it's mostly going to be just morgan. hotch wants to be there for jack so he can't be at your team bonding getaway. as for the team, we will be here in quantico. we'll send you files if we get a case but you're not allowed to come with us. you'll work together and call us to give us your ideas."

"for a month? when?" luke questions.

"pack your bags tomorrow, you leave friday morning." she puts some files away in a drawer and looks back up at you two, your faces showing absolute disgust. you're left speechless. luke can't even look at prentiss, his eyes finding slight closure on you until you glance over at him.

prentiss clears her throat, snapping you both out of your trance. "you're dismissed."

"i have roxy at home, what am i supposed to do with her?"

"bring her with you, or i can watch her. i'm going to be watching luna for y/n anyways, it'd be nice to have some other animal than a cat in the house."

luna was your cat, the perfect pet for you to have. "okay, well i guess it's okay."

"alvez, i've taken care of a dog before," prentiss smiles. "and besides, we shouldn't get a case. if we do then i have a trustworthy friend who can do it."

"who," you ask.

"hotch."

you nod and smile as you envision hotch trying to chase luna, sergio and roxy around emily's apartment. you and luke stand up and reach the door, beginning to walk out.

"oh, and y/n?"

"yes prentiss," you say turning around.

"good luck."

she smirks and you shake your head, hearing her slightly laugh as you walk out. you couldn't believe this was happening. prentiss walks out of her office about twenty minutes later and calls everybody in.

"luke and y/n will not be here for a month. they will be going on a team bonding trip hosted by derek morgan," prentiss explains. you see spencer and garcia's eyes light up at the sound of derek's name. you're not going to lie, you get excited, too. derek was like an older brother to you, he was always there, and then one day you came in the BAU and he was gone. it was so sudden.

"they will not be allowed to come with us on cases, but they will be receiving the files and such. they'll be calling us and giving us any type of information they come up with. it'll be as if they're here with us, but they won't be physically."

"when do they leave," spencer asks.

"tomorrow morning."

garcia gasps and everybody's eyes go wide. spencer glances at you and you shake your head, he begins to smile and chuckle a little. everybody's dismissed as you and luke are ordered to pack up, go home and get some rest.

"see you in a month y/n," spencer calls out to you.

"fuck you too spencer." he laughs as you ruffle his hair before leaving. he blows you a dramatic kiss and you blow one back, leaving your best friend for a month. you were oddly excited to be leaving, and you didn't understand why. this was luke we were talking about, and you hated each other.

this was going to be an interesting month.

~~~~
and welcome to this wild ride! keep your arms and feet inside the vehicle at all times , and make sure to spread your legs for luke , because this is going to be one interesting relationship if you disobey him 😼

xoxo,
mar💋