fourteen

"you should see me in a crown."

꧁☘︎︎♧︎☘︎︎♧︎☘︎︎꧂

the day went by relatively slow, most of it spent in luke's arm upstairs. morgan had called you down once and you didn't budge. hotch came upstairs and luke just gave him a slight shake of the head, making hotch nod and close the door to head back downstairs. you didn't know what came over you so quickly. it was as if suddenly you wanted to open up to luke, but you felt as if you were moving incredibly fast with him, and you didn't want to rush it. after you told luke to forget everything, you both agreed that there were no feelings in between you two, nothing at all that would ruin the fuck-buddy relationship you had with him. to be quite honest, you weren't sure if you wanted to just be friends with benefits. you craved a little more from it, but knew you wouldn't get it.

the thought of never being able to tell luke how you feel kinda makes your heart drop. a single tear slides down your face and onto luke's hand, making him open his eyes and wipe the tears away. you silently let the tears flow, no faces were made, no sniffling was done, just simply letting tears free fall out of your eyes to their victorious finish line on luke's hand.

"don't cry y/n, i don't like it when you cry."

his words make your heart melt a little more, becoming a heart warmed and depressed mix of emotions trapped in your chest. you sniffle quietly and smile at him, never moving your eyes up to his. he takes your chin in between his thumb and forefinger, lifting your head up and forcing your eyes to meet.

"what is going on inside that bonita cabecita of yours princesa?"

"i'm just thinking about some stuff, i'll be alright."

"y/n," luke says as he lifts your chin again. "what's on your mind?"

"you," you say out loud. he raises an eyebrow and you sigh, turning away from him and leaving him to wonder about the words that had come out of your mouth. you were even wondering what just came out of your vocal cords.

one by one the tears streak down your face, leaving you to wonder what you were going to do about your ongoing feelings for luke. this was a constant battle you were sick of fighting, and sick of losing. after about fifteen minutes the tears start to completely flood down your face, you sniffling occasionally. luke pulls your back close to his chest and sighs into your hair.

"no te preocupes princesa. aún no es momento de preocuparse."
don't worry princesa. it's not time to worry yet.

"i hope you're right," you reply.

꧁☘︎︎♧︎☘︎︎♧︎☘︎︎꧂

you wake up at around 5:30PM to the smell of something delicious coming from downstairs. you no longer feel luke's presence behind you, but you do see a note in front of you.

princesa,
we have the house to ourselves for about two days
let me know what you wanna do together while they're gone :)
~ l. alvez ❤️

you sigh and admire his handwriting. he had pretty good handwriting, you didn't understand it. you ignore the heart at first, but then glance back at it, the perfectly drawn and colored in heart taunting your feelings even more. you walk into your room and put the note down next to your phone, grabbing a pair of high waisted black jeans that are ripped from the top of your thigh to the ankle. you fix your hair and decide to just let it naturally fall, grabbing your glasses to hide the red and puffy eyes that gave away your hours of crying.