nine

okay everybody stick with me because i had to literally google how to play poker
i am also using references to the episode where spencer lost to emily on the jet because his face is priceless and it's just too good to not use here
enjoy my luvs

꧁☘︎︎♧︎☘︎︎♧︎☘︎︎꧂

"you think that you're the man."

꧁☘︎︎♧︎☘︎︎♧︎☘︎︎꧂

you wake up at a table. it had been five days since you had made your poker offer and you had been left to sit in the room with luke. alone. the unsubs hadn't bothered to check up on either of you or come in to make any other form of negotiation. you couldn't tell which partner was the dominant one and which was submissive, and every time you thought you had it the unsubs changed.

maybe they switch?

you hear a door open, the noise filling the eerily quiet room from behind you. luke's chair gets shoved next to yours and you can see he's panting slightly. you hear the female unsub giggle and walk back out, not before noticing luke's shirt buttons undone.

"what did she do to you?"

he looks up at you, his left eye bruised. you refuse to make eye contact with him because you know you'll break down. i don't want to forget you luke, i wish i never said it.

"this.. this is my fault."

you shake your head. "don't say that luke, it's not your fault."

"y/n, look at you," he coughs. his voice is raspy and rough, it somewhat makes him hotter. you do your best to push the thoughts aside due to the circumstances but it keeps coming back. "you're tied to a fucking chair. i did this to you."

"luke, please—"

"no, y/n, let me finish. i'm sorry i walked out on you. i'm sorry that i made you hate me. i'm sorry i ever bothered you. princesa, if i could fix what i did i would, but now i'm stuck in a chair like un perro indefenso. i let you and the rest of the team down because i couldn't fight them off. i knew they were here and i knew they were coming for you, but i couldn't get to you in time."

"luke—what? you knew these unsubs were coming? you knew about them?"

"yes y/n," he coughs again, this time spitting blood out. "i knew about them the whole time."

you were more angry than anything right now. you wanted to rip his head off. "you fucking knew and kept it from the team."

"y/n, i'm sorry—"

"luke i don't give a shit about me! fuck my safety and well-being, you put the team at risk! the whole team, derek and aaron included! you knew what was going to happen luke!"

"i didn't think they would go after the team," he growls.

"well maybe you should've taken that into consideration, alvez."

"i don't give a damn about what you think, agent. you don't know how these unsubs operate."

"then you should've explained to the team and we wouldn't be here right now!" you screamed. everything was silent after that, the only sound to be heard was yours and luke's angry breathing. you didn't even feel bad anymore, the trip went to waste and here you and luke were, right back to where you started. square one was a terrible place to be.

"have you two finished arguing yet?"

you roll your eyes and you notice luke has calmed down quite a bit. the female unsub walks by, and you instantly see luke's pants stiffen. you grit your teeth and don't bother to look at her. luke didn't even have to tell you what she did to him, you had already figured it out by his body language.

"here you go agent," she says as she deals the cards. "it's game time."

"if i win, you let us go," you bet. "if i lose, you keep one of us and kill the other one, deal?"

luke's head shot up and his eyes pierced through you. you could feel the burning rage from him fade and the genuine fear for his or your life set in.

"oh, that sounds like a pretty good bet, doesn't it jack?"

a new card.

"yeah, sure does queen." a man enters the room, it's a different man. your knowledge of poker isn't the best, all you have is what spencer taught you when you went to vegas with him and garcia, and you were betting your life on it.

the game goes by, somewhat quickly. the end is near. you thought you heard the faint noise of sirens coming, but brushed it off.

"how's it lookin' agent?" she asks cockily.

you push the chips into the pile in the middle. "all in."

she smiles stupidly and pushes her chips in. "me too."

the silence of the room deepens, and you can practically hear luke's anxiety screaming. the female unsub laughs and lifts her mask, revealing her face. you see her face and your eyes widen.

"you'd see if i was smart i'd draw into a flush," she says cockily.

"so, are you smart or drawing into a flush?"

she shows her teeth and shrugs. "see actually i was drawing into a full house, saints over sixes."

"ah, i forget you're from vegas, jules."

"yeah," she says as she points the gun to luke's head.

"ah, not so fast."

she looks at you funny and sits down. "what?"

"i too have a boat," you say as spencer and jj come in the room. you set your cards down and lean back. "jack's over threes."

she widens her eyes as you get up and uncuff luke from his chair. she yells and fights back as her, the jack and the joker get dragged out of the building. spencer looks at you and smiles.

"what," you say innocently.

"i underestimated you."

"everybody does, and quite frankly i love it." you walk out of the room taking luke to the EMT outside. "i like proving people wrong."

~~~~
ok don't mind me i'm gonna go rewatch that episode now-
how is this at 100 reads already i adore all of you
thank you for the support it means a lot to me 🥰🥰 i am very grateful

xoxo,
mar❤️