ten

"you will never understand those who bring you down, you will in turn bring yourself down."
~ my mother ~

꧁☘︎︎♧︎☘︎︎♧︎☘︎︎꧂

you had gone back to the bonding house as everybody now called it, and had spent two days in your bedroom. you couldn't sleep at night because every time you closed your eyes all you saw was luke, all beaten and bruised. you called your saving grace, garcia, and talked to her for a little bit before you went into isolation in your room. hotch and morgan didn't bother you, and you certainly knew luke wouldn't after you two had screamed at each other in captivity. you had begun to get a terrible migraine, realizing that you had left your pills at home, which you were thankful yet not thankful for. you didn't enjoy swallowing migraine preventatives.

a faint knock at your door makes you groan. "don't knock just walk in."

you thought derek had come in your room, your obliviousness coming from the fact you were under the heavy grey comforter. you heard the pitter-patter of shoes. derek usually wore sneakers, and this didn't sound like sneakers. it just sounded like feet dragging.

"y/n, we should talk."

luke.

"no," you groan.

"y/n, please—"

"luke, not now."

"i just want to apologize—"

"can we talk later luke, please? and what the hell is so bright in here?"

it clicked in his head what was going on. "oh, the bathroom light's on, wh— oh, nevermind. do you want it off? i can turn it off."

he turns the light off and walks over to your bed as you slither out of the covers. "how does your head feel?"

"how..how did you know i had a migraine?"

his eyes widen and he shakes his head. "i'm just, profiling. it's the body language and the light sensitivity, and the fact that you didn't want me to knock that's—"

you pull him by his shirt collar down to you, making him rest his head on your chest. he rearranges himself and slips under the covers with you. by now your head is pounding horribly and luke knows you're in pain. he offers to get you ibuprofen or tylenol but you aggressively say no, apologizing for being aggressive and then nuzzling your head in his chest.

"i'm sorry i yelled at you," you whisper after about fifteen minutes of silence goes by.

"i'm sorry i didn't tell you."

"don't you mean the team?"

"no," he says confidently as he pulls you closer to him. "i meant what i said princesa, i'm sorry i didn't tell you."

you look up at him and smiled weakly, your eyes slightly filling with tears. you drift off to sleep hearing him whisper things to you in spanish, all of which you understood and smiled at when you realized he didn't know you knew.

~~~~
double update dayyyy yayyyyy
this story is so fast paced i know but please trust the process
i'm significantly behind in science and pursuing writing instead 🥰
oh well all i really need is to pass english i should be good

xoxo,
mar❤️