eight

"i'm not your friend."

꧁☘︎︎♧︎☘︎︎♧︎☘︎︎꧂

you wake up in a cold room. you don't remember much of what happened, except keeping jack away from whoever aaron was brawling with. something bright keeps you from opening your eyes and you get slapped.

your eyes shoot open with anger and you get slapped again. it all felt so real. were you dreaming? you weren't sure. you hoped you were.

you don't dare to move, and find that you actually can't move anything but your legs and feet. your hands are tied behind your back in what felt like handcuffs.

"wake up." it was a groggy voice that sounded like there was something caught in his throat.

he slaps you again. this time you feel something cold and wet drip from your lip. blood.

"i said wake up!" he was getting angrier. you open your eyes and make eye contact with your captor, but fail to receive a full face image when you see the mask he's wearing.

"you look so much prettier with your eyes open, it's sad you don't open them much."

you look around the room to try and adjust your eyes and surprisingly he lets you. you begin to take notes and build a profile in your head, but you know it's not going to do you any good being stuck here.

"do you know what my favorite part about being pursued by the FBI is," he leans in, his alcohol infected breath feeling like another slap in the face.

you stay silent and keep your brows furrowed.

"no? well, allow me to show you," he laughs. i already despise your fucking laugh.

he lifts a sheet over a chair about five feet away from you to reveal a beaten up luke with blood dripping from the tip of his shoulder. your eyes widen but you keep your angered expression instead of giving him the emotional attention he wants from you.

"this is your friend y/n, isn't it?"

you shake your head. luke doesn't move, his head hangs forward and he doesn't even look like he's breathing, which quite frankly scares you more than anything.

i'm sorry i did this to you luke. so so sorry.

you look at luke, the only thing now in front of you to look at. the unsub comes close to you and circles behind you, resting his lips near your ear as they barely brush past the skin.

"i'll bet you he wakes up in, mm, maybe, give him 10 seconds," the unsub whispers.

you count in your head while you torment any other idea in your mind, old or new.

"one," the unsub says as his voice brungs you back to reality. luke's eyes pop open and he slowly rises his head, expecting to see just the unsub, but his tough facade faltering to one of an unidentifiable emotion when he sees you.

"y.. y/n?"

"that's right lukey! your good friend's here!" a female voice this time. but you recognized this one. she came into the light with a cloak on, the hood up to cover her face. she looked like she belonged with an ancient bounty hunter group, but you would pick with that later.

"did you miss me y/n? i hope so," she says as she walks up to you. she trails her fingertips up your thigh and up your side, to your jaw then letting her fingers leave you.

you were awfully confused. the female unsub had a problem with you why? none of it was making sense, until she made her way over to luke.

"you've loved y/n a long time, haven't you?"

luke doesn't move, his eyes locked with yours. she takes out a knife and holds it to his throat, you gasping quietly and jolting forward. the male unsub comes back and holds you to your chair, cackling at your reaction.

"do you see this queen? she actually jumped! ha!"

"shut it, joker. you're nothing but a wild one just like they said."

queen? joker? wild card. cards. poker.

"hey," you speak up. both unsubs eyes dart to you, and luke's eyes widen with fear. the hell is he so afraid for?

"let's play poker," you say. the male unsub laughs, but the female unsub holds her hand up, telling him to stop. she bends down to you and gets close, but not close enough for you to see her face under the hood.

"do you really think we're that stupid? you're both FBI profilers, how do we know you're not wired?"

"we were on a team bonding trip. we hate each other. our team's leader sent us on the trip with two ex-members on our team because they butted heads sometimes, too," you spit out.

she turns around with a stance that tells you she thinks you're lying. you shake your head and widen your eyes. "i'm serious, honest to god. that man you were wrestling on the ground," you say to the male unsub. he nods. "he used to be our team leader. he left to spend more time with his son though. since him and the other guy that were there had been in this position before, our team leader now suggested that they help us out."

"is that so? is this true luke?" the female unsub approaches luke and lifts his head. he nods slowly and opens his mouth to speak but nothing comes out.

"well then," she says shocked. "joker go get the cards, i guess we're playing poker."

luke looked you in the eyes and you smiled at him. he furrowed his brows and didn't understand how you could be smiling, but you were smiling. you were glad she said yes to poker. you were thrilled to make this bet. why?

spencer taught you how to play poker.