Chapter 9- Finding Out

Midoriya's POV

I had to bring Kaminari to the infirmary after....actually I'm not quite sure what happened to him. He just looked at me for a few moments before looking like he was about to throw up, then he passed out. Now he's just laying in bed as I wait for Recovery Girl to come back with the results on what's wrong with him.

I had to explain to our nurse what had happened once I had got here. Now, I sat on a chair next to the bed Kaminari laid in. What could possibly be so wrong with him that one minute he's walking over to our table and another he's blacked out from some unknown reason. I shook in my seat, becoming more nervous by the second. He was spitting out blood right? What could have possibly happened in the few moments between him being normal and then...this.

I heard rapid footsteps approach us from around the corner. My neck snapped towards the sound as I saw Recovery Girl pop out with a clipboard in hand. My heartbeat increased quickly as I prepared to ask my question.

"What's wrong with him? What happened??" I questioned with a shaky voice, as my heart jumped. The nurse looked at me and sighed.

"It seems your friend here has developed Hanahaki disease." The old lady concluded. My eyes widened. Hanahaki?! Suddenly, so many questions raced through my mind. I hadn't done much research on the disease before but...can't you die from it? Would Kaminari die? How long has he had it? How long until it became lethal?

   Who...

   Who activated it?

"You're probably wondering who he has the feelings for...that would most likely be you, Midoriya. The blood and petals started up again when he was near you, so it's the only logical option." Recovery Girl said as she looked at me solemnly.

In that moment, a full tsunami of surprise hit me all at once. My breathing increased, tears of shock pricked my eyes and my muscles tensed.
He has feelings for me?! Kaminari likes ME?! We're not even close, like at all!! How could he have fallen for me?! I'm not disgusted or anything, I'm just so caught of guard. And if...if I don't return the feelings then...

...Kaminari could die...

But...I...I don't like him like that, and I doubt I ever will... I...I could be the result of someone's death? Just because of some stupid disease...and it's not like I can get close to him to talk about it, or else the stupid disease will activate again.

A voice spoke up within my thinking,

"If you can convince him to get surgery to get rid of the disease, then both the flowers and blood, and his feelings for you will be gone forever." Recovery Girl recommended a solution that at first, seemed like the most logical answer. I thought about it for a few moments after my heart rate slowed and...it didn't feel right.

I don't know why, but something inside of me was telling me that...I couldn't have Kaminari get the surgery. But that would mean he would die... oh no... my choices are I have to somehow magically develop love for someone other then Uraraka, or take away the feelings of someone through a painful surgery.....Gah!

   Why does this have to be so hard-

   My gaze quickly snapped towards the bed sheets that started rustling, and the blonde haired head that laid there started to move slowly, and his cheddar colored eyed blinked open.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Aye I changed the cover art for this book, and I like it a lot more now. What do you guys think about it?