Chapter 13- Unplanned Sleepover

Midoriya's POV

   I positioned Kaminari in my arms comfortably as I looked at his sleepy expression. His eyelids drooped fully over his eyes and his mouth was agape just a little bit, letting out occasional small breaths. My face heated up again. I gasped a little as I shook away the feeling and looked towards Kirishima and nodded, earning a nod back. I scampered towards the elevator for the boys side of the dorms and clicked the button next to the steel doors. I waited for the doors to open as I stepped in.

   I looked at the numbered buttons as the elevator shut. What floor was Kaminari's room on again? I thought for a second...oh yeah I remember! His floor is right above mine, so that means the 3rd floor. I clicked the illuminated '3' button on the elevator wall as the enclosed metal room started moving.

We reached the floor within seconds and the elevator opened and allowed me to step out. I walked down the hallway until I saw a door with a name plate next to it reading "Denki Kaminari" and I stopped in front of the room. Before turning the doorknob, I looked down at the sleeping boy in my arms. At his point, Kaminari had snuggled into my chest and golden hair sprawled out over his eyes and my arm. His chest rose and fell slowly as he shuffled a bit in my grasp, getting even more comfortable. Suddenly, it felt almost as if my heart got pierced with a sword. But it didn't hurt. In fact it felt conforting. A warm feeling filled my chest. Is this love? No it can't be, I never felt this towards Uraraka...unless what I felt towards Uraraka wasn't love, but this was..?

   I shook away the thought, saving it for later. I took the doorknob in my hand and turned it. Well, I tried to.

   It was locked.

   A small feeling of panic washed over me as I quickly contemplated what I should do. Should I go back down and tell everyone? No...maybe check in Kaminari's pockets to see if he had a key? No...

   Maybe I should just...

   I hesitantly walked back to the elevator and walked in, quickly pressing the 2nd floor button.

I hesitantly made my way over to my own dorm room as I pushed open the door and walked in. I used my backside to close it from behind as I paced over to my bed. He's technically my guest, so it would only be polite to have him sleep in a more comfortable area, I'll sleep on the floor. I laid the boys body onto my bed sheets and threw a blanket over him, as I took another blanket and an extra pillow and set them on the floor. As I sat on the uncomfortable floorboards, I could hear shuffling from on my bed, followed by some soft snores. I smiled to myself. The thought of Kaminari cuddled into my bed with his hair everywhere and delicate breathing escaped his nose just made my face raise in temperature as if I was near a campfire. Even though no one around could see me, I covered my face with my scarred hands as I took deep breaths to lower the heat in my cheeks.

   Could I really be falling in love with Kaminari?