Chapter 10- Leaving her

Midoriya's POV

Kaminari shuffled in the recovery bed as his eyelids fluttered open and looked around a bit before landing on me. I tensed. He seemed to notice who I was immediately, and he tensed up also. Quickly, his cheeks inflated, presumably filled with the blood and petals. I should probably leave before he throws up. I quickly got out of my seat as I looked back over at my diseased classmate.

He had a hand over his mouth as he looked at me with a bright tint of pink painted from his nose to the tips of his ears. Is he embarrassed? Uh-well I better be leaving before this gets out of hand. I waved goodbye and left quickly.

After the doors to the infirmary closed, I walked down the hallway a bit, calming myself only to be met by Uraraka. A scowl sat on her face with crossed arms as she impatiently tapped her foot.

"Uh- Hey Uraraka! I-"

"Why did I see you carrying Kaminari during lunch?!" She cut me off as she got up in my face. I backed up, caught of guard.

"He was sick, and he passed out so I had to carry him to-"

"Someone else could have carried him!" She cut me off once again. I squinted as if I couldn't see her very well. This Uraraka isn't the happy and cheerful one I started dating a few days ago. Why was she so jealous? Because I tried to help a friend? Helping people is what hero's do, how could she be acting like this? I piled up my anger into 2 quick sentences. I shook my head, quickly changing my entire mood.

"Look Uraraka, if you keep getting angry over the dumbest stuff then we might need a break from each other already. Looks like we just weren't meant to date." The highlights left my eyes, leaving seemingly emotionless holes. This was so sudden, I surprised even myself. Uraraka looked up at me with eyes the size of dinner plates as if she was shocked that she just had got broken up with. What else did she expect? She deserved this because of the crazy amount of jealousy she showed. A single tear filled one of her dirt colored eyes as she turned and started running away hunched over, weeping.

I snapped out of my trance, shaking my head. Did I just break up with Uraraka? Did I just ruin my friendship with her forever. Gah! Of only we hadn't started dating to begin with, none of this would have happened...

   Ashamed, I continued walking back to class, as lunch had ended while I was with Kaminari. I couldn't help but think about what people would think about us breaking up only a few days after we started dating- actually, it doesn't matter what they think of it. Relationships don't matter to become a hero, which is the whole reason we're here at UA anyway.

   I got to class and as soon as I walked through the door, I could tell all the girls were giving me a dirty look. None of the boys, only the girls. Uraraka's expression was the worst. While all the other girls had a slight frown and slanted eyebrows, the brunette was bearing her teeth like a dog, eyes devoid of any sympathy or friendliness. Did I really anger her that much, and did she spread the news to all the other girls before I even got back?

   I used a hand to cover my eyes as I walked over to my desk. I shoved away the feeling of eyes burning into my back as I thought back to Kaminari's situation.

   I would really have to work out what to do with him, before he faces the consequences of the Hanahaki disease. The only two ways to solve this is to gain romantic feelings for Kaminari, or have him get surgery. Neither of those option seemed right to me, but the surgery one seemed the worst. I don't want to take anything from him by force, but I don't think I would ever love him back...

   Right?