Chapter 8

A startled feeling nearly cracked that ice-cold face of hers. The bad feeling of the previous day wasn't unfounded after all. Sitting lazily in the cafe's seat was the man she wanted to avoid the most, Leonardo Kingston.

His eyes that seemed like sinister snake found hers. With his lips curved up into a grin, he nodded at her as if greeting an acquaintance. There was a look of satisfaction in those eyes.

Since she knew that Leon came to know Alex, Mia had always had this uncomfortable feeling plaguing her, yet she wouldn't have guessed that the devil would come so soon; out of her expectation.

It was lunchtime, the hours were the cafe was usually packed with more people. Mia, who usually hoped that the cafe wouldn't be too crowded during this time. Instead, she now hoped that people would come in masse to fill every corner of the table. No matter how she hoped or regretted it, a futile expectation just caused her to be more frustrated.

"Mia?"

Seina's voice jolted her awake. Withdrawing her glaring eyes, she turned to Seina who had a questioning look on her face. "That gentleman in your area, he seemed to be waiting for a waitress to served him already."

Then, Seina tilted her head in slight confusion. "I just wanted to remind you. Lately, you have lost focus and sometimes fell into a daze."

Without showing any expression, Mia nodded. "Alright."

She hesitated for a bit, seeing that cunning eyes that seemed to know he would come and serve him. Mia closed her eyes for a few seconds, inhaling large gulps of air. She turned to Seina who was bringing a tray of dirty cups.

"Seina, can you serve that gentleman over there?" She asked Seina, then gestured to the area where she usually picked up her job. "There are a lot of people and some dirty cups that I haven't been picked up."

Seina looked around, finding that Mia was right. She didn't think it as unfair at all since usually Mia's area was much crowded than hers. She was rather puzzled that the diligent Mia suddenly asked for help with her area. Without hesitation, she replied, "Sure."

Deep inside her heart, Mia had a feeling of satisfaction though she didn't show it on the surface. She glanced briefly at Leon, then leave for the other tables indifferently picking the dirty cups.

Seina walked to Leon's table. She had been analyzing this man from afar, finding his bearing was rather extraordinary. Such a person must be someone rather successful in his own field of expertise.

"Sir, may I help you with the order?" Seina asked him politely, preparing the notes.

Leon's expression had a slight change. An amused smile made its way into that good looking face of his, causing a few ladies that accidentally look his way to be bedazzled. Seina was at a loss at his silence, but she continued to wait.

"I want to order just like the usual." The deep magnetic voice sounded pleasantly manly to the ears. Seina was caught by surprise at the moment he spoke, but it was soon replaced by a baffled look.

This man, even though she had served as a waitress in this cafe for years, she has rarely seen him. In fact, it was perhaps their first encounter. "Pardon me, Sir. Would you tell me what is your usual order?"

Leon put on a bewildered look. "Ah, you aren't the usual waitress who comes to take my order. Where's the other one?"

Seina glanced at Mia with a look full of confusion. Mia, who was busy wiping a table, stopped for a moment. She had heard the conversation between them. Who knows if that snake actually was this petty.

"This pretty waitress is the one who usually takes my order," Leon told Seina, pointing at Mia. Rolling her eyes in annoyance, Mia couldn't help but gritting her teeth in anger.

"Just tell her to serve me, it would be more convenient."

Seina looked at Mia. She could that something was vaguely wrong. She wanted to call her, but Mia seemed to be uncomfortable. This man must've come from an extraordinary background. In case he was displeased, he could easily get rid of a small waitress like her if he wanted to. She was rather torn at the moment.

"Sir..."

Seina swallowed. She was about to insist on taking the order when someone had beat it to her.

"Sir, are you looking for me?" Mia put on her usually fake amiable smile. Then, she turned her attention back at the startled Seina. "Thank you for helping me. I have finished cleaning some tables. You go and finish yours."

Seina finally regained her senses. She gave Mia a meaningful look and strutted to the other tables. With her experience, she had noticed that there must've been some connection between Mia and this man.

"Sir, may I take your order?" Mia asked politely, going down right at the business. She wanted to just write down his order and left to pick it up for him. The sooner, the better.

Leon maintained his silence, acting as if he hadn't heard the impatience in her voice at all. He looked at the menu in front of him in a languid manner. God knows how Mia had been holding her anger the entire time she had been standing there waiting for him to state his order. He was deliberately teasing her.

This hateful man had already gone through the menu several times, reading it from the top to bottom in an unhurried manner. As if someone wasn't there to wait for him.

"Sir, if you are still unsure of what to order, you may take your time," Mia said, preparing to leave.

"I have already decided," Leon said after Mia had walked a few tables away.

"Yes, Sir?" She walked back, putting on the expressionless mask.

"Give me a cup of black coffee." Leon smiled smugly.

Mia nodded coldly. Without writing down his order, she left him. Reading the menu several times already, yet in the end, he chose the most common coffee.

Mia suppressed the resentment in her heart as she went to the kitchen to pass his order. When the coffee was ready, she didn't waste time to immediately dumped it back to the one ordering it. She hurriedly went back to doing her job when she had done putting Leon's order on his table. She was worried in case he made another trouble for her.

As Mia continued to pick up the order from other customers, she felt the pair of dark intense eyes looking at her. When she looked back at him, seeing that crafty grin, she felt as if the dark clouds bringing storm had already looming above her head.