Chapter 3

Mia's body froze for a moment before she regained her clarity from the shock of seeing that man again after five years passed. She wouldn't forget about it. After all, Aiden's existence and their almost similar features were the constant reminder.

Her expression didn't change. But, she knew that from one year of staying beside him, he was one sly fox. Under that emotionless expression, he was a person who adept at scheming. This what made him to be terrifying in Mia's eyes.

Even, she was deceived...

Mia didn't really want to meet him, so she quickly retreated in safe distance where he wouldn't see her. Leonardo Kingston was his name, and he was inside the bakery shop right now.

Silently, Mia felt slightly restless. She glanced at him once a while and found that he was taking quite long to choose his damned cake.

Her body jolted slightly as their gaze was about to meet. Leon suddenly sweep his gaze past the crowd outside the bakery, and he almost found her. Fortunately, she retracted her own gaze at the last moment before he could see her face. Mia's heart revealed her anxiety. As she glanced at him again, he was still looking around the row of cakes.

After a while, Leon finally picked some cakes and breads, and he quickly exited the shop. Mia still kept her vigilance. The man didn't really care about anything, his personality was also a prideful one that not a lot of things in this world could move him, so he didn't even look around and quickly left. Even so, Mia knew that this man couldn't be underestimated.

Mia also knew that if he found about her, he wouldn't have cared. But, if she added Aiden into the picture, the result was unknown, so she didn't want to take the risk of meeting him face to face again.

Her eyes involuntarily followed his figure as the sight of his back gradually getting tinier. There was a complex emotion hidden inside her heart, but as soon as it appeared, she wiped it away.

"I hope we would never meet again. Our path are different." Mia muttered softly.

She didn't waste anymore time to dawdle and quickly picked the cake that was Aiden's favorite. After that, he went back to the restaurant.

"You are taking so long, is there a long waiting line?" Seina asked, raising her eyebrow. She had ordered everything by herself, even she had memorized Mia's usual food like the back of her hand.

"There are something happened on the way." Mia didn't explain any further, though there was a flash of barely noticeable glint on her eyes.

Seina was curious, but she didn't ask. After all, seeing from the almost wooden expression of Mia, it seemed that she had just encountered something personal. So, she wouldn't push it.

Aiden immediately became excited as he grabbed the box in front of him. Inside it was the cake with chocolate flavour that was his favorite.

Mia looked at Aiden and smiled slightly. "Eat your food first, and you can take all the cake. It's yours."

Aiden pouted at Mia's words, however, he didn't dare to disobey it. He immediately ate his own food while occasionally took some bite of the chocolate cake in between.

"This kid is sure loves sweet things a lot." Seina glanced at Aiden and smiled. Aiden just stuck his tongue out.

The rest of the time, they spent it in silence. Mia didn't speak much. She focused on eating her own fill while occasionally wiped the smear on Aiden's cheek.

"I am going to the bathroom." Mia said after a while. Seina looked at Mia and nodded.

Mia stood up from her seat and headed towards the bathroom. Her heart was pounding quite hard right now. If she wasn't wrong, that damned Leon still hadn't left yet. She had seen that man was heading towards the restaurant they were in, and she didn't want to seen the risk of being seen with Aiden.

Leon didn't know the existence of Aiden yet, and Mia intend it to stay that way. So, even if they accidentally meet, he wouldn't be able to guess that Aiden was son; even though that their features were also a bit similar, but there were also people with a lot of similar faces despite not being blood relative. So, as long as Mia wasn't with Aiden, Leon wouldn't be able to pick up the clues together.

Mia stayed in the bathroom for a while. Looking at her own reflection, she frowned and looked away. She didn't even like her own face and always avoiding it, much less that expression...

After a while, Mia walked out of the bathroom. Watching her surrounding, she quickly sought the person that was so familiar yet unfamiliar to her at the same time.

Mia frowned after she didn't find his figure. Maybe, he didn't really intend to enter this restaurant. If so, then it was just her being anxious then. She finally let out the sigh of relief.

"Mia, long time no see."

The casual sound of a man sounded like thunder on Mia's ears. The casual tone implied that as if he had just accidentally meeting an old friend on his trip.

Mia looked around and found that the man whom she was searching for was actually this close to her. His back was facing her when she scanned the place just then, and her anxiousness made her fail to notice his figure.

Despite the mixed feelings she had inside her heart, she still retained the calmness on her face. Facing the man she regarded as a sly fox, she put on a frown and shook her head and ignored him

She was about to left when the man suddenly caught her hand. "Why are you in such a hurry? Are you meeting someone?"

The words were said in casual questioning tone, but in Mia's ears, it caused her to feel worried. She looked at the certain table of Seina and Aiden. However, before she could even turned her head, she found that Leon's curious eyes looking at the place she was almost looking at.

With her pounding heart, she looked at Aiden and Seina's table to find that...